SigEez intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

SigEez
Embryo

SigEez intro

Post by SigEez »

Hello,

First off I want to thank all the Veterans and Rangers who have served and are serving right now. And another thank you for being a part of this forum to help us with our big dreams.

Secondly, I tried to find the Newts gallery to change my avatar but I don't think my computer is opening the page properly.

About me: I commissioned from ROTC last summer. Not going to lie I was a total shit bag. I did some traveling before start of BOLC which made me realize that I couldn't betray those under my future leadership by being a scumbag. Since then I did a total 180 and constantly developing myself to become a better leader, Soldier, and person. Before commissioning I only worked out with ROTC in the morning, now I go to the gym twice a day and can't get enough. We have an APFT test coming up next week and I think this the first time I will break 270 with 90 in each event. Our BOLC class can send 2 people to Ranger School and I would love the challenge as I've often shirked and cut corners in life.

A week after the APFT, some of us will be selected to do the RPFT. My performance has been good enough that I may be selected to do the RPFT. I am confident in every event except the 5 mile run. This brings me to this forum, searching for some good ways to improve my time in 14 days.

Thank you all for reading.
-SigEez
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SigEez intro

Post by Jim »

Welcome, please tell us more. Where did you go to school? Do you want to go to Ranger School? Are you Signal Branch?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, SigEez.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
SigEez
Embryo

Post by SigEez »

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I've never even considered myself attending Ranger school because I knew I would give up. If I do well enough on the RPFT I will earn the slot for Ranger school. My current mindset is that they may not pass me, but I will not quit no matter what.

Yes I am Signal Branch. I am looking to branch transfer when I hit CPT. I would like to do PSYOPS, CA, or FAO.

I am running every chance I get now. At least two miles a day on my own.
Self confidence is becoming an issue for me. Reflecting and self-criticizing has weakened my arrogance and false-confidence.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

It's good that you've lost your arrogance. There's nothing worse than an arrogant fuckin' Lieutenant! You need to push yourself! The human body is capable of doing incredible things, but it will try to bullshit your brain that it can't go any more. Don't let it! Your body will send messages to your brain about all kinds of bullshit...my feet are going to fall off, my lungs are on fire, my thighs are going to cramp....it's all bullshit. If you haven't run hard enough to puke, you haven't pushed yourself hard enough!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Slowpoke wrote:It's good that you've lost your arrogance. There's nothing worse than an arrogant fuckin' Lieutenant! You need to push yourself! The human body is capable of doing incredible things, but it will try to bullshit your brain that it can't go any more. Don't let it! Your body will send messages to your brain about all kinds of bullshit...my feet are going to fall off, my lungs are on fire, my thighs are going to cramp....it's all bullshit. If you haven't run hard enough to puke, you haven't pushed yourself hard enough!
Worked for me.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

SigEez wrote:Reflecting and self-criticizing has weakened my arrogance and false-confidence.
Plenty of time to stare at the ice in the bottom of your glass when you're old.

Just don't be a pussy and get it done.

I'll second what Ranger Slowpoke said, nothing worse than an arrogant young Lt who doesn't know shit but thinks his school work trumps the experience of his NCO's. Worst mistake you can make.

As I like to remind my ex from time to time, don't mistake my confidence for arrogance.

You're here now bud, call or fold.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
SigEez
Embryo

Post by SigEez »

Thanks for the advice guys.

I did well enough on my APFT to move on to the RPFT next week. Although wasn't a 300, it was my best APFT. I have to shave some time off the run but I'm getting there. 25m target down, now for the 50m.
SigEez
Embryo

Post by SigEez »

Ba'am. Got my orders. SURT and Ranger in the middler of summer.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

SigEez wrote:Ba'am. Got my orders. SURT and Ranger in the middler of summer.
I was a summer Ranger. Nothing wrng with that. Never, never quit!
SigEez
Embryo

Post by SigEez »

Thank you gentlemen!
Current Stats:
2 mile - 13:26
5 mile - 37:30 on hills
12 mile - 1st time 2:30 2nd time 2:41. Course is comparable to Benning or so I've heard.

My biggest worry is doing this when I'm fatigued, hungry, and sleep deprived in the first week.
Like I mentioned before, I haven't even though about Ranger for more than 3 months, and I can't decide what will be harder - mental or physical aspect. I'm weary about both to tell you the truth.

Return to “Introduction Archive”