Intro Slipaway

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

slipaway
Egg

Intro Slipaway

Post by slipaway »

I just graduated Ranger School class 11-12 and I'm headed to 2SBCT 25th ID. We're deploying in the next 8-10 months last I heard so I'm doing my best to prep and get as much knowledge and info as possible through this site.

How do I go about verifying my credentials as Ranger qualified?

I'm honored to be a part of this community.

RLTW

For some reason my first try didn't work so here's number 2:

I recently graduated Ranger School class 11-12 and I'm headed back to 2SBCT 25th ID to (hopefully) be a PL for our future deployment to Afghanistan. I'm honored to be a part of this community and to learn as much as I can to make myself a better Ranger leader.

How do I go about verifying my credentials as Ranger Qualified if that is even necessary?

.......edited to add both threads....
Ranger Class 11-12
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro Slipaway

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Slipaway. In addition to Ranger, did you get the Stryker course? First things, first please tell us more about yourself. Where did you go to school? Are you branched Infantry? I hope you take advantage of the information on the site about being a Platoon Leader. That's the best job a combat arms Lieutenant can possibly get. There is a wealth of information here.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
slipaway
Egg

Re: Intro Slipaway

Post by slipaway »

Ranger Jim, I was lucky enough to get the Stryker course while at Benning, very good training, along with IMLC and of course Airborne. I also did the basic mountaineering course at the Mountain Warfare School in VT as a cadet. I commissioned out of UNC-Chapel Hill and I am branched Infantry.

From what I've heard I will be walking into a Platoon as soon as I get to Hawaii so I'm excited to have the best job an Infantry LT could ask for and I'm reading as much as I can on this site and elsewhere to make sure I'm ready to be the leader my PLT deserves.
Ranger Class 11-12

Return to “Introduction Archive”