Greeting from Florida

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

milewskiw
US Army Veteran

Greeting from Florida

Post by milewskiw »

Hello Ranger community,
I found this board while researching information for my son, who is currently in jump school and reports next to RASP/ Pre-Rasp. I thought that this board would be a great way to assist him if needed.
I entered service in 1975, graduated Infantry school at Ft Polk, and have served with the 24th ID (HHC & B Co 2/19), Berlin Bde (A Co 3/6th) Two USAR Training Div 70th & 108th, as well as USAR in Germany 7th ARCOM/ 303 ROC, 3ID/ 313th RTOC, 21st TAACOM, and with the 81st RSC. I retired in September 2003 at the rank of Master Sergeant.

I thank all veterans and those currently serving for their service!
5 Years AD, 21 Years USAR; Master Sergeant (Retired) 11B
24th ID, Berlin Bde, 3rd ID.

Proud father of a future Ranger!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Greeting from Florida

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here milewskiw.

Thank you and your son both for your service to our country & thanks for raising a Warrior.
Tell him, never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
milewskiw
US Army Veteran

Re: Greeting from Florida

Post by milewskiw »

Thank for the greetings, I talk/ text him almost daily, next week is jump week and on the 19th he gets picked up by cadre. Will pass on your advise along with my own! His head is on straight and I know he isn't a quiter, his off duty time at ABN has been focused on working out and increasing his fitness level. Physically I know he is there and mentally, well he was the only member of his OSUT Co. to have a DS march him over to the recruiter to get an option 40 contract, when quite a few had requested it.

How often do they start a RASP class? or is it based on numbers, in addition how long is pre-RASP.

Thanks-you
5 Years AD, 21 Years USAR; Master Sergeant (Retired) 11B
24th ID, Berlin Bde, 3rd ID.

Proud father of a future Ranger!

Return to “Introduction Archive”