RASP VS Ranger School

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

csbball
Embryo

RASP VS Ranger School

Post by csbball »

Hi everyone, i hope this is the right place to put this.
Im very frustrated with RASP.
I have looked every where for training tips for Rasp and cant find shit about it. I have checked National Geographic websites on RIP, now Rasp training but nothing.
They have Video's on Seal Training, Green Beret Training, Ranger School Training but Again nothing about RASP.
BAck to my question, Why is this, i have been told Ranger School is the Hardest school in the military, But why would they have a full lengh movie on there training and nothing on RASP. Why is there No info about what soldiers go threw when at RASP, Other than 3 weeks of getting smoked.
Thanks for any answers?
Bravo57
Ranger

Re: RASP VS Ranger School

Post by Bravo57 »

Go to RASP. Don't quit.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

All you need to know. You don't quit.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

They haven't wasted time making RASP movies.
A couple of Rangers just told you everything you actually need to know about it.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
csbball
Embryo

Post by csbball »

HaHa alright guys it was just pissing me off.
I have another question for anyone who has done both RIP/Rasp and Ranger School, Which one is harder, i have had a arguement with a couple of friends who are Real ranger ;) 75 Regiment, and a cousin who is a lieutenant and has his Ranger Tab.
Again Which one do you guys feel was harder?
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

csbball wrote:HaHa alright guys it was just pissing me off.
I have another question for anyone who has done both RIP/Rasp and Ranger School, Which one is harder, i have had a arguement with a couple of friends who are Real ranger ;) 75 Regiment, and a cousin who is a lieutenant and has his Ranger Tab.

Don’t bother engaging in the argument you don’t belong in...go to the school and don’t quit, form your own opinion.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

csbball wrote:HaHa alright guys it was just pissing me off.

How about you stop calling us "guys" before you get blown up in place, #1.

#2. You aren't getting it. Everything you need to know about RASP has already been said a few times now.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

I smell ........... somtin fishy.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

One problem many new guys face when they begin their quest is not knowing what "right" looks like. You need to read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. Almost all the questions you may raise have been painstakingly answered. There is a search feature on this site. You will find it helpful. Attached is a discussion I pasted from this thread. Please remember that you are a guest on this site -- and we do not take kindly to our hospitality being abused. Never, never quit!

http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
csbball
Embryo

Post by csbball »

Again i apoligize if this was not in the right place, i am new so sorry.
Im not trying to piss anybody off so sorry for that. And i was not the one argueing about RASp or Ranger School, that was between my friend and cousin and i wanted to hear if anyone here had been threw both and wanted to hear it from them.
and i have used the search button many times and it serves me well, but for this question i wanted to know i was un able to find anything.
No disrespect to anyone here, But what the FUCK do i call YOU People on this site the if im not able to say GUYS?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

csbball wrote:No disrespect to anyone here, But what the FUCK do i call YOU People on this site the if im not able to say GUYS?
It is not my intent to flame you, but did you not get a copy of the ROE? If you did, please read it. Otherwise, if someone has the honorific Ranger next to his name, you (as a new guy) are expected to refer to that person as "Ranger ___." Collectively, we are "Rangers." We have vetted everyone with the honorific; and if you have not noticed, we are a rather small community that takes the mission of assisting young men, like yourself navigate their way to service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

As an FYI, RASP is a relatively new program that combines the old RIP with a new trainup regimen that is designed to ensure you don't get killed on your 1st deployment.

The first portion of RASP is pretty much RIP, with all the smoke, no mirrors, that you may expect. The second portion is anybody's guess at this point.

Nobody should have gone through both, other than possibly a very small group of RIP holdovers from the last RIP class, and I would imagine they are too busy trying to survive RASP or their recent arrival at their duty station to post anything...enlightening.

As for how to address us.....

Think if it this way. Picture the baddest old dude you have ever met, add some extra crotchety and that is what you can expect from many of us. Short fuses abound, and some have no fuse at all. There is an unimaginable wealth of knowledge here, even for those of us that have "been there, done that". Show respect, and you have your destiny at your fingertips. Show your ass and you will get shown the door.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
csbball
Embryo

Post by csbball »

Thank you for clearing up everything.
I will from this point on never say you guys again. And you are all right about being called Rangers, All of you deserve that respect and like i said i meant No Disrespect i fucking envy you Rangers so again sorry for that FUCK up.
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

See there you go again...how about THANK YOU RANGERS? Do some push ups...................
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

csbball wrote:Thank you for clearing up everything.
I will from this point on never say you guys again. And you are all right about being called Rangers, All of you deserve that respect and like i said i meant No Disrespect i fucking envy you Rangers so again sorry for that FUCK up.
Not sure if you've seen the ROE of the site. It doesn't look like. Read the Private Message I've sent you before you post again.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Introduction Archive”