Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

SignalGuy
US Army

Intro

Post by SignalGuy »

Currently a Signal LT stationed at Ft. Silly. Prior service, one tour to MND-N 09-10.

Joined IOT find some info on getting school slots.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, SignalGuy.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Warchief
Ranger

Post by Warchief »

Welcome to the site and THank You for your service.
Ranger Class 10-82
ODAs 236, 233, 232/065, 10th SFGA
ODAs 545, 565, 5th SFGA
SignalGuy
US Army

Post by SignalGuy »

Zone IV,
Apparently, too many Signal officers were getting hurt going to RS right out of OBC so they no longer offer slots straight from OBC. My BN CDR wants to send me and is willing to pay for the TDY, its just the process we are trying to figure out.
Talked to my schools rep and the BDE POC says talk to branch, talked to branch and they say talk to BDE. My next COA is to get in contact with someone in the RTB who can give me a definate on how to go about getting a slot.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

If I can make one suggestion it is this: be persistent. Not 'pain in the ass' persistent, but persistent.

Welcome
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
SignalGuy
US Army

Post by SignalGuy »

That's where I got my initial info, only issue has been the change that DA moved to knox, no one updated the POC info, so we are still trying to run down contact info. Just got back from being in Fort Sill's version of the field, hopefully I will know more soon enough. My BN CDR is about ready to jump on someone's desk if I don't have an answer by this week.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

.-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . ... .. -.. -. .- -.-- --. ..- -.--

from an old-school signal guy.
Lots of advice in assorted forums on preparing for RS. See about attending the WTC pre-ranger course as well.
But as ZoneIV can attest, you can do just fine by paying attention, arriving in excellent condition and having a little luck.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
SignalGuy
US Army

Post by SignalGuy »

Update...
So after getting a continual run around we have finally come to this conclusion. ATRRS slots are given to BCTs and since I am in a Fires BDE we do not have any slots allocated to us, therefore the only way to get a slot would be through branch in concurance with a PCS generally as a follow on to the CCC.
However, after talking to the RTB S1 if the unit is willing to pay for the TDY, you can simply show up on 0 day with the packing list and since the attrition rate is so high, you will be allowed in as long as you have all the correct paperwork and gear.
However, he also mentioned that since I am a low density MOS if, I do complete the course there is the possibility that a regiment will scoop me up.

So...it appears I will be at least reporting 0 day on 29 October.

URRanger: PM inbound
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome here, Young LT. I shall observe with interest your follow up reports on your progress. Be prepared, do your best, keep healthy and never, ever quit. Enjoy the journey of your career and note thoe qualities of leaders you respect so you may adapt them to your own style.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
SignalGuy
US Army

Post by SignalGuy »

Just a quick update,
It's been over a year since my last post and I still have yet to go to RS.. I got as far as having bags packed and DTS orders submitted waiting on my S4's signature....and then, Afghanistan happened. Looks like I'll have the oppurtunity to start the entire process over again once I get back in a couple months. My BN CDR just hit me up yesterday, with a "I promised I'd send you, If you still want to go..."
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Now that you have a deployment under your belt, you will have a better perspective on the Ranger course.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”