Intro-Redneck Ranger

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

hop&popponysoldier
Embryo

Intro-Redneck Ranger

Post by hop&popponysoldier »

Hello all,I am from the time frame prior to just before Regiment came on line.What follows is a statement of fact definitely not sniveling,and I am notorious for my bluntness.For those that do not remember me ok. While i was at 2/75th i got shuffled and ended up at Bravo Co.(dayroom at B.Co had a famous quotation from John Stuart Mill,painted on the wall,about "better men")while Batt.deployed to Central America.So Y'all know i am for real we lost HHC commander during that deployment.I was utilized by Cadres of RIP and Pre Ranger as a training aid,etc.I was not there long,it tends 2 not help when you respectfully(at parade rest)tell a senior NCO he is wrong,was punished and because i wanted to deploy was made to stay and guard POVs.So i am a pariah a throwback and am accepted by those that remember me.i never forgot"the Scroll is a way of life,the tab is a school"was not happy to leave,in fact hated it.Before I left many stood up for me,from former cadre and NCO's to peers,simply because they were bros and felt i had intestinal fortitude and potential.I thank all for that.I am here to be amongst bros and am most definitely interested in adopting a young Ranger.To include when i can care packages and correspondence.HOOOAH!out
"Land soft,Kill quiet"2/75th,2/187thABN,1/508thABN/PIR
hop&popponysoldier
Embryo

intro-redneck Ranger/FNG here

Served from 1984-1990.first unit:2nd Battalion(RGR),75th Inf.(Abn) thats what my orders said when i went to RIP for the last class at north Ft.Lewis.(1/85).ended up at Bravo Co.short time there no sniveling and its a long story,after shuffling around I went to Bravo,then after deployment attached with detachment at north Ft.for various reasons,prior to my departure and consequent reaasignment.went on to serve with other units as you will see in my signature.I am here to be amongst bros.even more interested in finding out about adopt a Ranger.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Intro-Redneck Ranger

Post by cams »

Welcome. Gotta say, you're pretty hyper for an old guy. Care for some de-caf? :D

Take a look around the site, one of the Mods/Admins will be sending you a verification packet shortly, we like to confirm who we're talking too, especially when you're asking about "adopting" Rangers and looking for other names of Rangers.

Don't take it personal, it's SOP.

You spend any time up on the hill? What was the name of that place again?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome soft & quiet. New guy buys
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

cams wrote:Welcome. Gotta say, you're pretty hyper for an old guy. Care for some de-caf? :D
Welcome, mainlining red bull possibly?
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
hop&popponysoldier
Embryo

Negative on mainlining red bull.though it might help when put into HALO position lol or invered koala no de caf thanks I had 2 give up copenhagen so real coffee is my last vice.if I would mainline anything it would be spike.cams target reference point on the hil
L plz Ft.Lewis has some hills ,but I remeber solo point most. Oh yes wet and cold or cold and wet you pick if you were in the jump into Rio Hato you r kinda old like me too.loll sorry no money no can buy but my feet are elevated since I am the new guy and niot buying lolout
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Solo Point's a good start. I was thinking about that hill behind A Co that would usually finish off the run around The Horn.

Yep, I'm an old buzzard too. But I'm still a handsome bastard. :mrgreen:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Intro-Redneck Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
hop&popponysoldier
Embryo

Cams I believe u bein a old buzzard and handsome.I have a woman younger then me I carry beer kegs across the yard from the car into the house and she tells me don't drink 2 much and watch ur cholesterol lol! I am like damnit beavis not a sissy!lol she rocks.the hill behind A I just ran once and caled it a sob lol forgot the name.I do recall we ran nrth Ft.during half days and sang(only time)for 1st SF Christmas eve or Christmas Day not sure.lol we"racetracked" quite a bit that day.lol!Zonk Don Lamica was my 1SG in Panama I served with Rangers Dale,Jordan, DeLeon and SGT Pack thanks for the welcome bro.
Same-same charlieranger1ffvRLTW!
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

PM sent.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
roadtheshortbus
Ranger

Post by roadtheshortbus »

Welcome.

PM inbound.
RLTW

"If you can't be smart, at least be quiet til you know who's in the fucking room" - Ranger Cams

B Co. 2/75 84-86 RS 1-86
hop&popponysoldier
Embryo

I recieved y'alls last been out of the"net",presently using public library for internet.its a long story.sent info and can get more if necessary.RLTW! out.

Return to “Introduction Archive”