Intro and purpose

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

18Echo
Embryo

Intro and purpose

Post by 18Echo »

Hello Gentlemen,

Never been a ranger, but served my time and got my long tab. I spent my whole time with C/3/1 SFG on ODA's 193, 194, and then 192 before ETS'ing.

I came here with the intent of getting help to expose a fake ranger.

His name is Steven C. Downer, DOB Feb 1951, and claims to have been in 2nd Ranger BN.

He claims to have done 23 years and retired as a 1st Sgt, but yet he has no benefits. He says he's been on 7, yes seven combat tours in Panama, Iraq, Bosnia, and Afghanistan. Also claims being shot 7 times. I always suspected he was full of it, but when I saw his uniform photo on facebook and noticed the CIB with 2nd award star I was sure.

Pictures of his "I love me wall" have all sorts of stuff from european and armored/artillery units but nothing from Regiment, although he sure has the scroll and flash.

He even has the Sgt. morales club cert dated 09/29/89 from a european command, yet managed to get to battalion to jump into Panama?

If anyone has the ability to go through the panama jump manifest, find a roster of Ranger school Graduates, or how to FOIA his DD214 or 2A let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/steven.c.downer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

18Echo
Embryo

Re: Intro and purpose

Post by 18Echo »

Appreciate the response. This is someone that I personally know, is actually shacked up with my cousin, so he's stated that he was in 2nd batt and parachuted into panama with them. Like I said, he talks about it, but has nothing on the walls actually FROM regiment? I would think if I had a mustard stain or anything else from regiment that it would be center stage of my "I love me wall."

Additional photo's:

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome to our CP bro. I was in 2nd Batt and OJC, never seen him before or heard his name before.

Obviously with your background you can see the numerous discrepencies with his uniform, ribbons, beret, etc. I'm not going to point them out in public, but they're blatant if you know what to look for.

As Ranger Lunch said, tell him to come introduce himself, we'd love to talk to him. When he balks at that, for whatever reason he makes up, call him out and explain to your cousin that he's FOS.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that top ribbon a Silver Star?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Ford375
Ranger

Post by Ford375 »

Isn't it a Distinguished Service Cross? At any rate, what's with the Ranger tab above the jump wings?
3/75 - APR 2004-AUG 2007
CCo. 1/181 INF [ARNG] AUG 2007-MAR 2009
----------------------------------------------

Nobody in this country has ever seen me mad.

"TAB-FREE"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Intro and purpose

Post by KW Driver »

You can't look at that mess and see he's full of shit?

I understand wanting to dot the eyes and cross the tees, but without giving other powers a hip pocket how to, you can see all the mistakes right?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
18Echo
Embryo

Post by 18Echo »

Lunch,

I was up at Group from 2000-2004 until I ETS'ed.

I know he and his ribbons are jacked up, but like you said I want my I's dotted and my T's crossed before I tell my family member...
18Echo
Embryo

Post by 18Echo »

Lunch,

I knew Nate, not all that well, but enough to joke around and say hello in the company hallway. We were both in C co. 3rd Bn and our team rooms were across the hallway from each other. Before he left we gave him much sh*t for walking around in uniform while trying to grow out his beard. A month or 2 after his death I moved over to 194, his old team, and filled one of their echo slots.

I never knew the Colonel personally or met him one on one, in fact I always tried to avoid meeting anybody hire ranking than the company commander!
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

What's up 18Echo. I was in C/3/1 on 190 and 191. PM in bound.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “Introduction Archive”