Hi and thanks for a great site!!!

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

VeteranVixen
US Army Veteran

Hi and thanks for a great site!!!

Post by VeteranVixen »

Hello!
I came across this site hunting for more info on my husband's recently signed contract. I am an Army Veteran - I was a 46R Broadcaster stationed in Uijongbu South Korea from 98-99 and in Vicenza, Italy from 99-01. I got out right after 9/11.

I'm also a military brat (as are both of my parents) my Dad is retired 7th group SF - he had a dive team right before he retired as a MSG but also has his HALO. While obviously some rivalries exists amongst special ops my Dad was thrilled when my husband scored a contract for 92R (Parachute Rigger) with option 40. He's certainly happy about having a rigger in the family so he can start skydiving again.

Immediately there was speculation about his contract which is part of what lead me here. The recruiters at the station said that they didn't see the 40 option pop up in the computers very often. As it stand he ships off July 13th for basic at Ft Jackson then he's slated for Airborne School then to 3 weeks of RIP and his first duty assignment is listed as Ranger School.

I was amazed to learn about the confusion that exists with soldiers earning their Ranger tabs. While I was a broadcaster the soldiers in Vicenza were able to go through pre-Ranger. My boyfriend at the time went through it but got out before actually going to Ranger school.

I am so excited for my husband and know that he will get through all the training and end up in the 75th. It's an honor and you'll certainly see me being the ultimate Ranger wife. :D

I am thrilled to have found this forum and look forward to learning all I can about Rangers. I welcome any tips and advice and hope to some day be in a position to help others like me.

WOW that's a wall of text if I ever saw one. Thanks again for your hard work and I look forward to being a part of the community.

Candee
AFN Uijongbu Falling Water South Korea 1998-1999
AFN Vicenza Caserma Ederle Italy 1999-2001
rgrwest
Ranger

Re: Hi and thanks for a great site!!!

Post by rgrwest »

Welcome ma'am, you came to the right place. Plenty of experience and so forth to go around.
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Ma'am!

(PinupRangerwife, this thread is useless without pics!) :wink:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome & thanks for your military service to our country.

Just one small problem though Ma'am.

Your name: PinupRangerWife.

Since your husband is a Future Soldier & not presently a Ranger, you can not have Ranger in your name.

When you husband becomes a Ranger you may at that time request this (PinupRangerWife) name again.
PM (private Message) me with a few choices you may like to change to or you may wish for me to just delete the Ranger part or if any of your choices are available I will change it for you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

RangerRon wrote:Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Ma'am!

21 minutes, might be some kind of record
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Baseplate wrote:
RangerRon wrote:Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Ma'am!

21 minutes, might be some kind of record

Welcome and thanks for your service. When you take a tag like that and being an Army Brat and as a former soldier yourself you should be ready for the results.

Having said that, are there Pin-ups I missed?
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
VeteranVixen
US Army Veteran

Post by VeteranVixen »

Haha - I'll post some pics soon. Thanks for the warm welcome and I apologize for putting Ranger in my name. I read that rule but had already requested the username. Hopefully I'll be able it in the future. I have sent a PM with a username change request. Hopefully that's the only posting error I'll make.
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Welcome to the site
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Welcome young Lady. You need to get your Dad to come on the site too since he's undoubtably Ranger Tabbed. Besides he should know a friend of mine....ask him if he remembers a SGM named Jake!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome, Youung Lady. Thank you for your service and THANX to your extended family for their patriotic Warrior service to our country. Hope your man stays healthy and attains his goals.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
VeteranVixen
US Army Veteran

Post by VeteranVixen »

My Father retired in 2001. I know that I was stationed in Italy and caught a flight to Bragg for 7 short days. It was awesome because they actually did a HALO jump into his ceremony.

Here's a pic of us at the ceremony. Feel free to PM me if you know him. And don't hold it against him that he doesn't have a Ranger tab. :lol:

snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

VeteranVixen wrote: Airborne School then to 3 weeks of RIP and his first duty assignment is listed as Ranger School.

Welcome to the site, Candee. Your husband should double check his orders...this doesn't sound right.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
VeteranVixen
US Army Veteran

Post by VeteranVixen »

snafu wrote:
VeteranVixen wrote: Airborne School then to 3 weeks of RIP and his first duty assignment is listed as Ranger School.

Welcome to the site, Candee. Your husband should double check his orders...this doesn't sound right.
Do you mind telling me in what manner this doesn't sound correct? I'm pretty sure that's what they say - I had him read them to me (I'm currently out of town) so that I could plug some dates into the calendar. I may be wring in calling it RIP as I read that it is RASP (I think) now. His recruiters haven't been much help with telling us about Ranger stuff as none of them even have the tab.

Return to “Introduction Archive”