Intro from a FOG

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: Intro from a FOG

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ill be damned....we do attract some cranky fucks in here. Not sure about that pissing contest thing since I am The Pastor and give two fucks about who is best, fastest, smartest, longest dicks....but Brit...always enjoyed your boys, their willingness to drink, to fight, and both out of sheer relish and the joy of doing it. Damned if I didnt just love their attitudes.

And you are welcome here, Fog. Kinda looks like we are about the same age with the only difference being....I can still own guns and shoot people. :lol: 8) At least for now.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome Bootneck.
One of my best mates was 40 Commando circa 79 - 83, give or take.
New guy buys!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

welcome to the forum.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

Welcome here brother from across the pond.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
Rangertab1
Tadpole

Post by Rangertab1 »

If you run out of room on the island, Texas has a few spots left. Welcome.
Outstanding! I get to lead my family through humanity's next mass die-off. -Me

Commissioned, Lamar University - 19 December 1992
Ranger School Class 10-93
S4 RSE PL, 2/75 93-94
Rangeratlarge
Ranger

Post by Rangeratlarge »

Exbootneck wrote:In response to Jim.

Gentlemen.

My name is Chris I was informed about this forum as it had a dit about the performance of the Estonian Platoon in Iraq.

I was the senior instructor for this deployment. I am a former Royal Marine WO2 PW1 which is Platoon Weapons Instructor 1st class. This qualification in a nut shell puts me into the Instructional branch of the RM dealing with weapons, tactics, range conduct and the qualification of said items.

I served between 1974 and 1999 in RM Commando Units and at the Commando Training Centre Royal Marines. During this time I have conducted training to produce recruits into Royal Marines ( I met two of my former Recruits who were now Sgt Majors last year in Afghanistan to both our surprises after 20 years) I was on the All Arms Commando Course qualifying all services for this role. I also served in NCOs training wing.

I was in a Rifle Company in the Falklands War and Northern Ireland which is my generation’s tiffs.

I was attached to the Estonian Army on loan service close to the end of my career this led me into a unique situation where I crossed over into the EDF and have been with them 10 years now.

If I may I will add the odd comment.

My dislikes are pissing contests.
Welcome Sir,

I had the pleasure of being a part of a State Department Training Team to Estonia in 1996. I was part of a small team from Ft Benning Georgia that deployed to conduct a training course on "Troop Leading Procedures". It was a very eye opening experience for this cold war warrior. I stayed in Tallin for 2 weeks then in an outlying outpost near the Soviet (my mistake...Russian :twisted: ) border.

I also spent a very enlightening day at a squad live fire maneuver range with a group of cadets from the military academy. Very interesting day as I had no interpreter and NO ONE spoke English. One of the instructors present at the range was a battle hardened spetznaz veteran of the Afghan war who kept eyeballing me all day. Was the closest this old cold war vet came to staring down the Soviets in person. Very intense!!!

Very beautiful country and very nice people!!

Good luck and stay safe. May the Soviets never return to that great country!!!!

RaL
Class 8-89
1/75 (x2)
3/75
4th RTB
10th LRSD (x2)
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

Exbootneck wrote:In response to Jim.

Gentlemen.

My dislikes are pissing contests.
Howdy.....have fun

You don't like drinking contests?
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz

Return to “Introduction Archive”