SGTR Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Satan6
Inprocessing

SGTR Intro

Post by Satan6 »

My name is Chris. I joined the Army in 1989 with an official slot for Airborne and Ranger. I was on Fort Benning until 1992 when I got orders to report to 7th Special Forces Group. While I was there GEN Luck XVIII Corps Commander asked for volunteers for a new unit that was at first buried into 535 MI, 519 D Co LRSD. We started off with a Commander, XO, 1SG with (6) teams. I was on Team 6 as I was one of the last to join. We were eventfully deactivated and reactivated as XVIII ABN CORPS giving us 19 teams (with the slight drawbacks of gaining rookie, wet eared, snot nosed LTs that serve no function at all. Don’t get me wrong because I really liked some of them but fresh out of IOBC and no experience at all was a bad move. I still wish I had gotten one of those spiffy map cases they all had.

I was injured very severely and was forced to retire because I just would not put the rest of my team in danger because I was broken and as heart wrenching as it was I was reassigned to Dragon Brigade for the remainder of my carrier and was a part of the Assault and TAC CP for CORPS HQ. Last I heard XVIII LRSC was now “? F CO\151 ABN INF LRSD..?” Someone correct if I am wrong on that. I really meant to go by and visit some of the old stomping grounds when my son graduated Infantry School, but I just kept getting sidetracked. ABN School looked pretty much the same; Ranger Compound was nothing like I remembered it, managed to go out and see a jump while we were there.

I now despite some pretty terrible odds (i.e. there is no civilian equivalent to our jobs on the outside.) Being able to drop the hammer on a hostile at over 1000 meters, disarm mine, HALO into enemy territory or operate 150 km deep in enemy territory. I was told on a law enforcement that I would never be selected because their job was to bring the criminal in…not kill them and that with our training that the first instinct would be to shooy or permanently maim suspects. So now I work for DoD again. I spent 3 years at Fort Huachuca with Intelligence Electronic Warfare. 3 years of that and I needed a change so now I spent the last 4 years in Japan living the good life.

Well there is my intro…
Nomad
Ranger

Re: SGTR Intro

Post by Nomad »

Interesting story. Good on you for continuing to actively support our Armed Forces.

Where at in Japan?

Welcome to the site!
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Hello Beezlbub and welcome I think.

Your intro is a bit discombobulated, see .'s question.

Also, you "got orders to report to 7th SFG" is a bit vague as well.

Are you saying you left 7th SFG for the unit formerly known as Fun 51?

Which Ranger compound are you referring too and was the way it looked based on you being assigned to either one previously or just driving by it.

Finally, congratulations on your sons enlistment!
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Edited...

Are you sure that you're not violating classified regs by telling us that much? It sounds like you were so covert that there are probably no files on you. We are honored to have you here.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

EarthPig wrote:Edited...

Are you sure that you're not violating classified regs by telling us that much? It sounds like you were so covert that there are probably no files on you. We are honored to have you here.

RLTW
EP
:lol: :lol: And Piggy used to be such a nice young man.....
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Satan6 intro

Post by Steadfast »

. wrote:So where were you on Benning from 89 to 92?
OMG!!!! you asked that?

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site.

So you joined with the Option 40 contract for Airborne and Ranger, Correct?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the D Co. LRSD unit the first one to try out the tripod mounted M-41 A's? I heard those star cluster rounds were the shit. Never did get to shoot off any. That was back when they were still using the pod feed boxes.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
chkray
Ranger

Post by chkray »

......And, while you were "away" in China assisting the CIA in hunting down an errant double agent, your wife was back in the States helping the "Colonel" turn a guy who was involved in laundrying funds for an organization involved in an attempted assassination of the VP!..............Wait! ..........thats not right! I'm thinking of that TV show, "The Unit."

You my friend have a rich and full fantasy life.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

C co. 1/75, '78 - '81
Ranger Class 2-79
FRD, '81-'82
C co. 4/9 Inf. (Abn.) '82 - '84
HHC and C. co. 3/75, '84 - '87
4th RTB, '88 - '91
1SG in B co. 1/21 (Gimlets), 25th ID, '91 - '96
G3(Air) NCOIC, 25th ID '96 - '97
Honor Grad, School of Brightness, 6-96
Retired in '97
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Welcome to the site. Ford wants to know if you like Hockey?
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

I have heard of these guys. They are so secret their shit is saturated with nuts and berry's so that it looks, smells, and feels like squirrel turds!

Maybe if some of that stuff is not too PERSEC, or OPSEC, maybe you can divulge some of it and enlighten some of us non-operators! 8)
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Oto-Man wrote:Welcome to the site. Ford wants to know if you like Hockey? Or television cameras, lol
I am reminded now of why I rarely look at intro's anymore. But I welcome you to our site SGT, for there is one thing that I gathered from your intro and that is you're one........

1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Paladin
BANNED

Post by Paladin »

cryhavoc wrote:
cryhavoc wrote:OK...i gotta call bullshit in not so quite an elegant way as my compadres here have. Having spent plenty of time in the Battalion, learning to shoot, move and communicate...I was quickly hired by a law enforcement agency. Yes, we do arrest criminals and kill them if need be. You see, being able to act under stress is an attribute LE agencies seek and desire. I'll go out on a limb here, (not to crowd you) and say that the ability to reason was as needed in the Rangers as it is in LE. This site is filled with men who have been there and done that, if you are seeking acceptance among us, leave the secret squirrel bullshit behind you.

Ranger cryhavoc
We were trying to keep him around long enough to play with him for a while. We haven't had a good chew toy for a while.
You might have skeeeeered him off telling him that Rangers actually do kill people after time in Battalions. :lol: :shock:

He probably we thought we just fought forest fires! :twisted:

Return to “Introduction Archive”