Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

RangerJurena wrote:
lost_soul wrote:I have been talking with my Chain of Command about my future goals. They were supportive of pushing up a conditional release form to seek out other opportunities. However, some feel that USACAPOC will not sign off on the form. All I can do now is take advantage of whatever additional schooling is offered to me and drive on.

I have been active in PT and focusing on basic soldiering skills. I noticed that the reserves and the active component enforce different standards. While I enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, I will need to step it up if I plan on being active, that buddy-buddy attitude may earn me a foot in the ass.

I haven't had the opportunity to talk with soldiers who served or are serving in a Ranger Battalion until I came to the site. My ears are open.
Honestly, I don't think they are open. Your still coming in broken and retarded.

What we have is a series of 4 posts that don't really tell us much about you.

Your in the reserves, your considering active duty, you'd like someone to give you a chance to go to Ranger School, you listen to lectures, like tattoos and perhaps long walks on the beach.

MOS? Rank? What unit did you deploy with or by down range did you mean to change out E-Types? Where did you deploy?

As some counseling class I took somewhere once taught me..this information "helps us to help you".

Or, keep speaking in tongues and you will eventually be ignored. Maybe, go read some other intros?
Nice!
:D :D
lost_soul

Post by lost_soul »

-MOS: Civil Affairs
-Deployed to Baghdad, Iraq
-Operated around Camp Taji - COP to COP, a trip to the JSS
-Served with the 82nd 325 AIR (White Falcons)
-Later 4th Infantry Division

I have been in the service for 3 years. I enlisted for 6 Active and 2 IRR. I have not had the opportunity to request additional schools until recently, Airborne School and DLI.
lost_soul

Post by lost_soul »

-Deployed with the 450th Civil Affairs BN (A), B Co., Riverdale, MD
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Im trying really hard to be part of the kinder, gentler ArmyRanger.com...

Last I checked, Civil Affairs is not an MOS and Junior enlisted is..well, who knows.

Thank you for your service ( needed to get that out of the way).

Sound off like you gotta pair, asshat. Either that or I'm going to request that your thread / access is locked until you can act like a downrange veteran.

Don't be scared, be proud of where you have been and what you have done. We expect nothing less. Stumble and bumble and none of us that are trying ( trust me on this, we are) can protect you from the wrath that is about to confront you.

Back up, don't give us a bunch of - Dashes. Tell us like it is, put it into a sentence. who are you? where have you been? what are your goals?

We want nothing more than to design a blueprint to help you succeed. But, keep stammering and watch what happens.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by lost_soul »

I haven't been to many places but a few states in the U.S. I'm the kind of guy who prefers to work behind the scenes than what he can get recognized for. I have worked with some of the best and some of the worst.

Originally, I was a 2nd year pre-medical student. I was interested in biomedical science, particularly in cell signaling. I considered USUHS (a military medical school). I took a plunge and tried something different, instead of nursing or being a combat medic. I chose civil affairs (38B).

The AIT instruction recieved at Ft. Bragg introduced me into a community that I wanted to be apart of, Special Operations. The standards were higher and the working enviroment permitted young soldiers to use their heads rather than be spoon fed what to do and how to do it.

My goal is to challenge myself. I'm working on my degree, this time in International Studies and Counter-terrorism as an upperclassmen. I am also awaiting an entrance exam to enter the police academy in my hometown.

At first glance, I appear reserved but the performance speaks for itself when I listen to what the task is and brainstorm ways of accomplishing that task. However, there's a lot that have to learn and that's why I am here.

I'm not satisfied with being just another man in uniform. If I'm going to do something, I sure as hell aim my sites high.
lost_soul

Post by lost_soul »

Rangers, thank you for your time and patience. I feel that I've given enough information about myself. If I'm not tracking yet, then I will come back later on down the road when I am. I'm just going to focus on my 25 meter target for now.

I'll knock'em out after I log out.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You're one of those little shits who feel that you're so fucking important and seeping with potential that you actually transcend rank structure.

You probably referred to yourself as an "Agent" when you were down-range. Din'cha?

You're a pretentious little asshole.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

This is like going around you asshole to get to your elbow.

Can one of you administrative types lock this..
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by lost_soul »

Ranger I did not mean to step out of line. I'm just doing as I'm told by another Ranger (Ranger Jurena), be assertive and let you soldiers know who I am, where I've been, and what my goals are. Ranger Jurena made it clear that I was not being specific enough and wasting his, yours, and my own time.

I apologize if I came off unprofessional. Everywhere I tread there is thin ice, I have no room to step. I have high goals, will I meet them, maybe, maybe not. I'm learning from my leadership, "Never Quit" even if you know you will fail.

Do I have what it takes be in a Ranger's shoes? I feel up for the challenge, but around every corner I am usually faced with negativity from others. The only thing I can do is say, "Roger Sergeant," and drive on and do my best to keep from pissing off the wrong soldier.

Short of digging my grave here, I decided to log off and return until I start tracking on what you Rangers are expecting out of a veteran.

Again I apologize Ranger. I'll give posting a rest. I can already feel the wrath of every Ranger on the board.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I apologize if I came off unprofessional. Everywhere I tread there is thin ice, I have no room to step. I have high goals, will I meet them, maybe, maybe not. I'm learning from my leadership, "Never Quit" even if you know you will fail.

"Even if you know you will fail...."
Your leadership is setting you up for failure if they are teaching you to think this way. Or a better possibility is, your leadership is teaching you to 'Never Quit' and you've decided to add on the last part? Change your way of thinking to... "Never Shall I Fail..."

Again I apologize Ranger. I'll give posting a rest. I can already feel the wrath of every Ranger on the board.
No, you can't. This is being polite. If this is 'wrath', what will it be like when they are in your face? If you think that it is comparable to basic, and that you survived your Drill Sergeant, you are sorely mistaken young stud. These are a whole different animal guarding the gate to a whole different world.

Don't answer this, just read and read for a while, just something to think about.

Good luck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

lost_soul

Post by Steadfast »

Sounds like its time to move out of intro to other parts of our informative board. Good luck Troop.

This intro is now locked.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”