Parental Discretion Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

blueslover
Tadpole

Post by blueslover »

Greetings. I have been lurking around here for a few months. I waited until my son graduated RIP before joining the conversation.

I do not have personal military experience but have always enjoyed relationships with those who have. I have been an online surfer since the early '90's- when there wasn't much www. out there. I have been a part of many types of forums and message boards. I note that to say this particuliar forum has one one the most defined and unique personalities of any I have ever visited. There is a camaraderie and communication that is, well, just like the Rangers- a brotherhood. Bear with ignorance in my posts and know that I have only the utmost esteem for those who bear the scroll and tab.

My son: An athletic, bright kid who had trouble getting his life on track. He decided the military was his best option. He went Army for the incentives and career opportunities. I cannot remember if he was even out of basic yet when he realized the regular Army did not have the mindset, challenge, and way of life he was hoping for. After interaction with Rangers he immediately adopted that as his goal/course. He has changed from a boy to a man while assimilating the Ranger ethos. I have never been prouder than when placing the scroll on him recently.

More questions than answers from me now but my respect to those who have served and led the way before,
Chairborne
~~Ranger Dad~~

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.[
George Patton
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.
Vince Lombardi
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Very nice intro.
The avatar doesn't suck either.

Welcome here Ma'am.
blueslover
Tadpole

Post by blueslover »

Thanks for the welcome Rangers but dayum! How'd I get my intro so sissified?... the proud father here. LOL

on technical note can someone inform me how to get the av pic larger like some others I see here? couldn't find it in FAQ. and how can you .gif with the av restrictions? PM or send me to a more appropriate thread.
~~Ranger Dad~~

Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.[
George Patton
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Aristotle
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.
Vince Lombardi
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

blueslover wrote:Thanks for the welcome Rangers but dayum! How'd I get my intro so sissified?... the proud father here. LOL

on technical note can someone inform me how to get the av pic larger like some others I see here? couldn't find it in FAQ. and how can you .gif with the av restrictions? PM or send me to a more appropriate thread.
Welcome! Congratulations on your son.

Am I reading that you're not a 'ma'm', but a 'sir'?
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

blueslover

Post by Steadfast »

blueslover wrote:Thanks for the welcome Rangers but dayum! How'd I get my intro so sissified?... the proud father here. LOL

So you want us to sissify you further by giving you the answers without you having to search for the answer as we recommend doing so to all newcomers?

Okay sissified further, try Board Support, page 5, 7 topics from the bottom. Giving you a link would be too easy. I wouldn't want to embarass you or anything.

So you want your avatar larger than most Ranger avatars?

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. Drag that son of yours over here sometime.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Stead means well...You can have as large and avatar as you like...as long as it is hosted elsewhere. There are no size limits on avatars hosted at places like photobucket ecetera .
Last edited by Silverback on August 27th, 2008, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

Hey dude, Have fun! My son was a Ranger, now he's a PFC (Proud Fucking Civilian)...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome Sir, and thanks for raising a Warrior 8)
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com

I thought you were a chick with that avatar.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Introduction Archive”