This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Dman

Post by Dman »

Just joined site. Looking forward to talking with everyone.

I am active duty MSG/E-8

Ranger class # 12-89

Ranger Instructor in Benning Phase 90-92 (C-Co), Was Hand to Hand PI

Spent most of my career in Infantry positions in 10th Mountain.

Went to Somalia with 10th.
Master J

Post by Master J »

welcome Dman glad your here, was sonnenschien or calpena RIs when you were there?...your hand to hand instructor deal caught my eye as i have a martial arts school here in norcal.im sure we can find sumthin to disagree on.......RLTW
Dman

Post by Dman »

Yes they were both there, Sonny went on to work Ranger Branch at DA, Calpena moved on, I am not sure where he went. He was in C Co with me for a while. I learned the Hand to Hand from MSG Max Mullins, he taught me and when he PCS'ed I took over.
Master J

Post by Master J »

maybe we should see if we could get the powers that be to open a HH and MA,section on here.im sure between the 2 of us we could answer some questions.mike is now a 1sg with the 508th at ft richardson and john is a Sgt Maj with the 1st inf div.1st of the 18th i think?
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Post by Ranger »

jody wrote:maybe we should see if we could get the powers that be to open a HH and MA,section on here.im sure between the 2 of us we could answer some questions.
Your wish is my command - Jody is the moderator.
DO NOT PM ME
Master J

Post by Master J »

Hooaah
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Dman-
Welcome to the Board!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Dman

Post by Dman »

Here is a link to my info that our cadets put on our University Web Page. Maybe some of you Rangers who went through in the early 90's will look at my photo and remember me putting you through your paces as you were earning your tabs. (Keep in mind I have lost some hair since then!)

http://www.aux.mtu.edu/armyrotc/derespino.html

MSG D
Recon USMC

Re: New Member

Post by Recon USMC »

Dman wrote:Just joined site. Looking forward to talking with everyone.

I am active duty MSG/E-8

Ranger class # 12-89

Ranger Instructor in Benning Phase 90-92 (C-Co), Was Hand to Hand PI

Spent most of my career in Infantry positions in 10th Mountain.

Went to Somalia with 10th.

Were you pre May? would like to know, I was the guy on top of the roof, damm those zsu artillery weapons, interested in your experiences.... 1st gulf war was a cakewalk compared to Mogudishu.

Return to “Introduction Archive”