Wannabee Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Wannabee Intro

Post by Earthpig »

sureshot wrote: i wasn't banned (at least not to my knowledge) but should have been, and i thank yall for not doing so.
It was discussed...but we decided to give you a second chance (which we usually don't do).
sureshot wrote: If i may, i have a question about rifle training/use during Vietnam that i haven't been able to find the answer to on the site, even with the search option. if some of you older Rangers would be oblidged, and if i'm still allowed, i would appreciate any clarification you could offer.
Ask your question. Since you haven't been banned (yet), you are free to seek information here.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

First off, that was a Hollywood movie.

Secondly, the M16 made it's debut during the Vietnam War. The Marines still had tons of M1s in their training arsenals, so being cheap (and you can confirm with Leatherneck how cheap the Corps is), the Marines maintained their M1s for training purposes and issued the newer M16s the the troops who visited the Nam.

Thirdly, when you get to Basic (unless things have changed), you will train mainly with the M16. When you get to your final destination (your unit), there's no telling what you will carry. You might luck out and get an M4, you might be a machine gunner, or you might even get stuck on a mortar team.

HOWEVER, whatever weapon you end up with at your unit, be assured that you will train with it, live with it, love it, and talk to it.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger
Ranger/Admin

Re: Wannabee Intro

Post by Ranger »

sureshot wrote:i've been reading this forum for a while now and jumped in mouth first not too long ago under the screen name mmwmia, asking all sorts of dumbass questions, some of which totally undermined OPSEC and were just all together stupid fucking questions.
So, rather than continuing under the username mmwmia which everyone knows is some sort of dumbass, you created a second account which everyone now knows is the same dumbass now called 'sureshot'?

Why did you do this?
DO NOT PM ME
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

God I hope so. That Ranger doesn't take much crap. You're lucky to still be here.

All you had to do though was PM Ranger and ask him to change your password. Why don't you send him a PM and ask him to delete the other username?
Master J

Post by Master J »

You ain't a shitin that ranger don't take no crap!!I seen him beat a waiter half to death,just for forgeting to bring him his coke.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

He told me about that putz waiter. Funny shit.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Friggin' Ranger comedy troup, here, I'll tell ya... :lol:
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

Maybe you take this Ranger comedy show on a U.S.O tour......

Return to “Introduction Archive”