Introduction - HomelessPita

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

HomelessPita
Egg

Introduction - HomelessPita

Post by HomelessPita »

Hello to everyone who reads this post, My name is Joel, I'm currently 17 and I have whats equivalent to a High school Diploma (I was educated in England). I have enlisted as 11x and was not able to get an option 40 or 4 attached to my contract; I ship to Fort Benning on the 23rd of April, I'm hoping to be able to secure an opportunity to attend RASP during OSUT. I was born in Derry, NH to an American Father and a British Mother. I left the US in 1999 when I was 4 years old as my Mother's and Fathers marriage was ending and having been back since. Despite their marriage ending they decided to try and make their marriage work here in the UK. My Mother needed to come back to the UK as a fail-safe if the marriage did fall through as it's according to her "much easier to raise children in the UK".

Due to all of this, I have dual nationality and citizenship with the United States and the United Kingdom. I realize in order to be a Ranger, which I've wanted to be as long as I can remember, a secret security clearance is needed and me being a dual citizen disqualifies me from this. As soon as I turn 18, (March 24th) I will be renouncing my citizenship to the UK as 18 is the minimum age that I'm legally allowed to renounce my citizenship, the paperwork is already complete. My only concern is, due to me enlisting at 17 I still had my dual citizenship and it is documented in the recruiting process. Will I still be disqualified from being eligible for the security clearance needed?

I was shocked when I enlisted as it happened on the 28th of February and I thought naively I'd have plenty of time to improve my PT before I ship and when I got the news I'd be shipping on the 23rd of April, I felt a little disheartened however I realize now I need to work with what I've got and try my hardest.

In regards to that I'd also like to thank all of the contributors of this forum for supplying excellent tips and advice which I've been reading in the various posts of these forums. I have never been more inspired to become a Ranger.
MichaelS
Ranger

Re: Introduction - HomelessPita

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, HomelessPita.
A Co, 3/75.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, Joel. You certainly have had an interesting life so far. I do not know the details of obtaining US citizenship, but can tell you that you will learn about it in great detail. If your goal is to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. Most questions have been addressed -- the search feature is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Joel.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
HomelessPita
Egg

Post by HomelessPita »

Jim wrote:Well, Joel. You certainly have had an interesting life so far. I do not know the details of obtaining US citizenship, but can tell you that you will learn about it in great detail. If your goal is to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. Most questions have been addressed -- the search feature is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Jim, thank you for your reply, I'll get right on the PT test and let you know the results asap.
CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:Welcome to the site, Joel.

RLTW!!!
Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, thank you for the warm welcome.
HomelessPita
Egg

Post by HomelessPita »

Push ups - 64
Sit ups - 68
2 mile - 14:40

I realize I need to keep working.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

HomelessPita wrote:Push ups - 64
Sit ups - 68
2 mile - 14:40

I realize I need to keep working.
OK, now you have a PT baseline that you can build on. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”