Introduction: Never Quit

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Never Quit
Embryo

Introduction: Never Quit

Post by Never Quit »

Hello everyone, I am a former firefighter and a current NREMT and in school for my paramedic. I found thhis site after researching the Rangers and any possible opportunities in the Regiment. I feel that I am at a crossroads in my career due to my lack of military experience; I don't want to transport patieents to doctor's appointments today and I am over being a firefighter due to the tightt knit good ole boy system.

The few career options I am researching are Intelligience, Medical, Paralegal, Fister, or Infantry (of course).

So that's about me, I'll post any questions I have in their perpesctive forums.I haven't enlisted yet, I'm in the process of losing weight and getting better at running.
Never Quit
Embryo

Re: Introduction: Never Quit

Post by Never Quit »

It is hard to get a job or advance in career in the fire service unless you kmow someeone. I moved from a small town because of this reason and now in a big city to happen again. I believe that everyone should have a fair chance to succeed regardless of famiky members. I love being a firefighter due to the nature of the job but not the politics; even though the 75th might have this problem, everyone who attends RASP have an equal chance of passing or failing.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Never Quit, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you have come to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who have passed through armyranger.com on their life jouirney. Begin by reading all the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Most of the questions have been addressed at least once. The search freature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please tell us more about you: Where did you grow up and go to school? How old are you? Why do you want to become a Ranger? Please self-administer a PT test and post the results on this thread within the next 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome. We can be an ornery lot, but there's a reason for everything, so don't take it to heart, you've got to have thick skin around here.

Take a look around, read more than post is the best advice for a while, we have several Ranger/FireFighters on site here.

Also, please, everybody, look at what you're going to post before hitting Submit, is it squared away to you or does it look like it was typed with your feet?

Nothing personal, but after reading this thread it appears to have been posted by two chimps fighting over a bag of Skittles. Let's maintain some standard.

RLTW
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ManchuV wrote:Ranger Cams wrote:
"Also, please, everybody, look at what you're going to post before hitting Submit, is it squared away to you or does it look like it was typed with your feet? "

My bad.
No worries Brother. It's for us, the newbs, DEP's and guests as well.

So many post as if they're texting each other or post a page long one paragraph mess that never gets read because others see it and just move on to the next thread.

Just trying to keep it legible.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Never Quit
Embryo

Post by Never Quit »

[quote=For Ranger ManchuV]i am getting used to my tablet, it's a little hard to type on it but i will get better. As far as Ranger ManchuV's question goes: I have been a firefighter for four years and would like to move forward (IE: career, not volunteer) but cannot due to the indescribable amount of difficulty. One example would be: when I turned old enough to become a career firefighter I applied at three departments that were looking for three probies for each department; I went to submit my application for the three, each chief told me they had their people picked out. As you can imagine, it was a pretty damaging blow to me, I had worked for two years (at that time) to become the best firefighter I ever could be.

i relocated from the small town and applied at two more fire departments: the first unofficially told everyone they were going to hire from other departments (lateral transfers) and it wouldn't even make it to the hiring board the second department only had one slot for the academy and twenty-five hundred applicants have applied.

In summary, I got smart and decided that I wanted to spend my youth doing something other than hoping for a miracle to happen; thus bringing me to research the Rangers.[/quote]

[quote=Ranger Jim's Questions]I am twenty years old, I graduated high school in 2009 at the age of sixteen and joined my local fire department to gain medical skills that I could use one the battlefield as a Navy Corpsman (at the time, Marines were the shit and the Army wasn't even on the map). I ended up loving the fire service and since it was volunteer I had to find another career. I worked at state farm for three years and hated every day of it. Recently, I have been researching the military and all of a sudden the sequestration appears out of nowhere!

The heritage of the Regiment and its mission grabbed a hold of my attention and has yet to let go. Throughout history the Rangers have conquered anything it has encountered and is held to a higher standard of soldiering due to the fact that no Ranger will settle for anything less. I accept that being a soldier requires life changes and being a Ranger requires ten times more. With the training and readiness of the unit, the Rangers will continue to earn their reputation of America's best. Even though the 75th is an ID, its overall mission tasks them with completing missions that were meant for small units like the frogmen.

To me personally, the Rangers continue to achieve goals that are naturally against all odds and that sets them above the rest; I want to be that man.[/quote]

I plan to take the PT test tomorrow and will post in this forum.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

When you take the PT test, we will talk more. You appear to lack focus on what ypu want to do. But we'll talk more.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Never Quit
Embryo

Post by Never Quit »

Jim wrote:When you take the PT test, we will talk more. You appear to lack focus on what ypu want to do. But we'll talk more.
How is it that I lack focus? There isn't anything else I want to do in life any more than to be a Ranger.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Never Quit wrote:The few career options I am researching are Intelligience, Medical, Paralegal, Fister, or Infantry (of course).
As I said, we'll talk.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
elgecko
Ranger

Post by elgecko »

PM inbound, Never Quit.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

elgecko wrote:PM inbound, Never Quit.
elgecko, I've noticed you on several Intro's stepping in just as the Newbs or DEP's are getting ready to step on their cranks.

Thank you for your extra efforts. Good job stepping up young Brother. Drive on.

"Never Quit", the 75th is not an ID. It is a Regiment, that should've been fairy clear as in 75th Ranger Regiment. You need to do more research.

As far as the "Marines being the shit and Army not even on the map", this is solely your opinion and should be clearly noted. Regular Army units, NG and Reserves have been fighting house to house, battling on desert highways, enduring endless amounts of IED's/VBIED's/ambushes and close battle for 10+ yrs now. I think they would beg to differ young man.

Don't let your mouth advertise your youth and lack of experience.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Never Quit
Embryo

Post by Never Quit »

cams wrote:
elgecko wrote:PM inbound, Never Quit.
elgecko, I've noticed you on several Intro's stepping in just as the Newbs or DEP's are getting ready to step on their cranks.

Thank you for your extra efforts. Good job stepping up young Brother. Drive on.

"Never Quit", the 75th is not an ID. It is a Regiment, that should've been fairy clear as in 75th Ranger Regiment. You need to do more research.

As far as the "Marines being the shit and Army not even on the map", this is solely your opinion and should be clearly noted. Regular Army units, NG and Reserves have been fighting house to house, battling on desert highways, enduring endless amounts of IED's/VBIED's/ambushes and close battle for 10+ yrs now. I think they would beg to differ young man.

Don't let your mouth advertise your youth and lack of experience.
Roger. at that time in my life that was my opinion, now I've learned that the enemy doesn't care who they're shooting at. One team one fight. I will also look into sentence structure because i think i suck at getting my points across.

Return to “Introduction Archive”