Introduction - Aaron

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Apkaz
Ranger

Introduction - Aaron

Post by Apkaz »

Hey what's going on guys my name is Aaron. I'm 19 years old, born and raised in the smallest state (Rhode Island). I am a high-school graduate and I have attended college at URI (university of RI). But, I left after my freshmen year due to some financial issues and I just wasn't content with that school in general. I played soccer and ran indoor and outdoor track at my High-School. I am very active, gym almost everyday including weight-lifting, Cardio, basketball, swimming basically anything and everything.

I enlisted last month and I am currently in DEPs, I leave 20130326 for Ft. Jackson, SC. My MOS is 35fox and I will be attending Ft. Huachuca, AZ for AIT. Unfortunately, I did not get an option 40 nor 4 contract so I'm just going to try my luck and see If I can get airborne after AIT. After that I wish to eventually complete RASP and earn the tab. I definitely want to work at a tactical level for my MOS, I have heard it is a lot more challenging but, just like everything else in this world the greater the challenge the larger the reward.

PT SCORES:
Push-up: 68
Sit-up: 65
2-mile: 14:56

I definitely need some improvement. I took this about 3 weeks ago with my recruiter and prior to this I had already been working out hard (no excuses though..). But, by the time I re-test I should be well into 80+ pushups along with sit-ups and I have been on an intense Cardio regiment so I should see an overall improvement next time around.

Almost forgot..The reason I joined the Army is due to the upstanding values that the military promotes and instills into everyone. I am all about the LDRSHIP (loyalty, duty, respect, selfless-service, honor, integrity, personal courage) and wish to continue living my life by these values everyday. I also want to serve my country and give back something. I am a firm believer of the constitution, bill of rights, liberty and all the freedom us Americans get to enjoy everyday. I will give my life to protect those freedoms from enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. I look forward to serving and potentially meeting some of you in the future. God bless.
I live to train. I train to live. Go hard or go home, no pain no gain.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Aaron

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Aaron.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
elgecko
Ranger

Post by elgecko »

PM inbound, Apkaz.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Apkaz, you look pretty good. Your PT baseline is OK for now. Whn you get to USAIS, contact the 75th Ranger Regiment LNO who manages the 35F trainees. Please use this link:
http://www.soc.mil/75th%20Ranger%20Regi ... iting.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Apkaz
Ranger

Post by Apkaz »

Thanks for the warm welcome Rangers and thank you Ranger Jim for that link. Quick question..it's probably been asked a million times before but is it hard to get into airborne/rasp during your AIT ? I asked my recruiter and he said it shouldn't be an issue especially since I have a "soft" MOS and they usually always have spots open.

PT UPDATE:
pushups: 72
sit-ups: 54(tweaked my back a little the day before so I just did the minimum)
2mile: 13:42! - Dropped a minute off my previous time, super excited about that 8)
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Aaron, Please read all the FAQs as well as select stickies and threades. Use the search feature, located on the top right of this page. The search feature is your friend. I reserve judgement. Capitalize the R in Ranger. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Apkaz
Ranger

Post by Apkaz »

Roger that Ranger Jim.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Apkaz wrote:Roger that Ranger Jim.
How are you doing? Looks like you ship in about two weeks.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Apkaz
Ranger

Post by Apkaz »

Jim wrote:
Apkaz wrote:Roger that Ranger Jim.
How are you doing? Looks like you ship in about two weeks.
I'm doing well Ranger Jim, thank you for asking. I celebrated my 20th birthday on February 24th (no longer a teen :lol: ) and since then I've just been working out, getting everything situated before I leave and drilling the soldiers creed, general orders etc. into my head. Also, I was able to earn another promotion for passing the PT test and completing these online lessons/programs. So, now I am a PFC! I know I'm still going to be treated the same as everyone else but its good to know I'll be acquiring a little more each month :wink:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Looks like you are doing well. When you depart for training, please stay in touch and communicate using the letters from school forum. Save yourself time and trouble later, begin to memorize the Ranger Creed; and start living your life by it. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Apkaz
Ranger

Post by Apkaz »

I will definitely keep in touch and roger that Ranger Jim.

Return to “Introduction Archive”