Intro - Fatbody

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

FatBody
Egg

Intro - Fatbody

Post by FatBody »

Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

Name's Gunter. I'm 21 years old and currently attend IUPUI, a college in Indianapolis, Indiana. Dabbled a little bit with ROTC and such, did *cough* Air Force ROTC *cough* and got an enrollment allocation from them to attend field training, but declined the offer, figuring my heart wasn't really in neither the Air Force nor becoming an Officer. I have all the respect towards the Air Force and Officers and general, but I could not picture myself being a desk warrior, giving orders to enlisted folk that actually do the bulk of the work.

Pops was in the 2nd Ranger Battalion, also spent some time as a drill sergeant at Benning and Sill, and was in a couple other airborne units. He talked about all the great times he had in the army and how he would do it all again if he could, but always tried his hardest to get me to stay away from it (I think I remember him threatening to break my arms when I was younger if I ever went into the Army hahaha). But what can I say, I feel as though it's in my blood.

I'm 5'6", 165-170 lbs, and as for physical fitness the strength is pretty decent, (competed in powerlifting in college) but the running sucks a bit. Hitting 80ish pushups in 2 minutes, give or take a few, same in situps, last 2 mile run was 14:25, and best set of dead hang pullups was 26. Planning on doing some ruck marches soon, just a little hesitant currently as I *tweaked* my back while trying to hit the state deadlifting record for my weight class, but don't think it will be too much of a burden.

Reason for joining this website is to obtain as much information as possible so I can make an intelligent decision on whatever route I want to pursue in the future.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro - Fatbody

Post by Jim »

Fatbody, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please begin by reading all the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions you might raise have already been addressed. Use the search feature, located no the top right of this page. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Please PM (if you are so inclined) your dads name. Someone here might know him.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Gunter.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rangertough wrote:Please PM (if you are so inclined) your dads name. Someone here might know him.

Tough
X 2. Welcome.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Introduction Archive”