Introduction - Machine

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Machine
Embryo

Introduction - Machine

Post by Machine »

Hello everyone. My name is Kyle, I am 26 years old and I am currently working torward joining the U.S. Army with the ultimate goal of becoming an Army Ranger and making a career of it. I have been looking over the site for a few days now and I have been studying every tidbit of information I can find and I must say this site is simply amazing. I have always wanted to be an Army Ranger as long as I care to remember.

I look forward to gathering more information here and using this site to help me reach my goal of Army Ranger as well as becoming a part of the site community and hopefully pick up a few extra tips from some of the guys who have been there.

Thanks for having me and thanks to all of our men and women (Vets & Active Duty) who put there lives on the line to give us our freedoms and the chances to do things many others never will.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Machine

Post by Jim »

Kyle, a man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. You are doing well, so far. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. Please tell us more about yourself and self administer a PT test, posting your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Machine
Embryo

Post by Machine »

I will get right on it ASAP. Thank you Ranger Jim.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Welcome here Kyle (we'll hold off on the "MA Cheen" handle until we see an initial PT score posted :lol: :lol:). Best of luck!! :wink:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Machine
Embryo

Post by Machine »

Hello again Rangers. I know it has been a little over a month since my initial intro but here I am with my (pussy) 2/2/2 scores. I had an accident on the job and due to some very strained muscles I have not been able to complete the PT test or even train much until recently. I have continued to read everything I can find on here during my recovery and I will continue to do so. Currently I am working hard to memorize the Ranger Creed.

Scores:

2-Mile : 19:23
S/U : 52
P/U : 48

I know this is pathetic but I am also using these results to further motivate me to do better. I WILL make it. I WILL fight tooth and nail for that opt 40. I WILL become a Ranger (one day) or I will die trying.
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Introduction - Machine

Post by IEDmagnet »

I've seen dead Hadjis run faster than that.

Good luck though, meaning work hard and succeed.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Just quit now, don't waste the slot
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Machine
Embryo

Post by Machine »

Quitting is not going to happen, Ranger Bravo57. Ever. Thanks for the motivation though. :D I'll put this beside Ranger Silverback and Ranger cdwdirect's posts I have on the wall in my training room.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Machine wrote:Quitting is not going to happen, Ranger Bravo57. Ever. Thanks for the motivation though. :D I'll put this beside Ranger Silverback and Ranger cdwdirect's posts I have on the wall in my training room.
The reason I asked you to post your results is that it gives you a baseline and point of focus. Now, tell us more about yourself and why you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Machine
Embryo

Post by Machine »

Roger that, Ranger Jim.

I am 26 years old and a high school graduate with no college under my belt. I come from a family with no military background aside from my brother who was in the Navy from (92-97?). My desire to join the armed forces and serve my country began around the age of ten and was probably sparked by some of the stories told to me by my brother when he returned from overseas. I have maintained my interest over the years and through research and communicating with soldiers and veterans alike I came to the conclusion that I would want to join the U.S. Army. I have nothing against any other branch and I have nothing but respect for all of the services, but I think the Army would fit me best.

I want to join the 75th Ranger Regiment because I want to be one of the elite. I don't give a damn about looking like a "badass" or being the cool guy at the bar. I have always believed that if I am going to commit to something I am going to go all the way or not at all. If you aren't with the best your hanging with the rest. I want the best training to be the best damn soldier I can possibly be. When I go out there to do my job I want to know that I am one of the best at what I do and that I am in some of the best company the Army has to offer. I want to know that the guys I would be out there with will have my back as much as I have theirs. I want the challanges and to know that I am a part of something MUCH larger and much more important than anything I will probably ever do again in my life.

I will NEVER quit.

Note: I used the term "team members" because since I am not a soldier (yet) I figured some may see it as disrespectful to say "my brothers". I hope I am not out of line with this and if I am I will pay my price.
Machine
Embryo

Post by Machine »

Disregard the note at the bottom. I edited my post before I submitted it and didn't remove the note.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. I appreciate you interest in becoming a Army Ranger. Please read and heed the ROE PM I just sent you.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Machine
Embryo

Post by Machine »

Roger that Ranger Ron
Machine
Embryo

Post by Machine »

I just wanted to stop by and update my 2 mile run. I went out on my lunch break and ran the local 2 mile trail at the park (semi-flat Vs. mostly uphill on my last time)

2 Mile Run: 17:10.

I still have a whole lot of room for improvement. My biggest problem with my running right now is lung capacity. I can feel the difference with each run and I notice it is easier and easier but after years of a shitty diet and too much beer I have alot left to make up for.

My run today did leave me with one question and I did search several times but found no relevant information. Today after my run it tasted like I had a mouth full of blood (I didn't). Does anyone have any experience with this or have an idea what may be the cause?

Return to “Introduction Archive”