Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

josh
Embryo

Intro

Post by josh »

My name is Josh. I just enlisted with 11x option 40. I leave for basic 20040305. This is a nice board you guys have here and I look forward to frequenting it. :lol:
josh
Embryo

Post by josh »

Oh, BTW I am 23 years old and currently live in Dallas Tx. I've been wanting to join the Rangers for sometime now and I am excited about the opportunity I now have. I will not fail ANY part of the training. I have the upmost respect for any and all future, past and present Rangers.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

good luck josh... just curious if you dont mind sharing, how big of a sign on bonus did you get?
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Import, you are a friggin' idiot aren't you? I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU POSTED THAT QUESTION OUT IN THE OPEN. Have you no shame? What the hell are you joining the Army, let alone my beloved Regiment, for anyway?

Word of advice: if you're gonna stomp on your dick, at least have the common courtesy to PM.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Some of the old guys on here didn't get sign on bonuses. And you know what? - I really feel for them. :lol:

And of course those of you with RIP in your contract, don't forget - you don't fulfill your contract and guess what? No booty for you! Who knows, perhaps you'll be among the 60% who actually decide to follow through and go through RIP. And, perhaps after that, you'll be one of the 20% who make it and actually get to spend some of that bonus money. Or not. :(

Bwahahah!
Bell

Post by Bell »

Bonus? What bonus? My wife didn't tell me about no bonus! Damn!! There was a bonus?

RLTW
Bell
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Sign on bonus? Jesus!

They offerred me $10,000 to sign a leg contract. I told them to keep their money and give me my Ranger contract (respectufully, of course).
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

Our BONUS was the priveledge of getting our asses smoked all day and night after getting to the Bat. and before going to Ranger School. And, if any of you cherries feel embarassed about taking a BONUS for the honor of being ALLOWED to even be considered by the Bat., then just mail the check to me. :twisted:
josh
Embryo

Post by josh »

Only 3k, nothing special. I plan on using it to get everyone who graduates Ranger school with me drunk.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

josh wrote: I plan on using it to get everyone who graduates Ranger school with me drunk.
I like this guy! Welcome aboard, Josh and good luck to you.
When I signed up, they were giving a $10,000 bonus for Airborne. I passed that up for my Ranger Contract. You don't need a steeeenking bonus anyway....you'd just blow it all on Victory Drive.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

When I signed up they gave me enough so that I could buy the fastest bike in Bn, which was the fastest bike in Bn the whole time I was there.
josh
Embryo

Post by josh »

oops :evil:
josh
Embryo

Post by josh »

SSG Plavney my recruiter is SSG Jonathan P. Miller out of the Tyler Tx station. I just recently moved to Dallas. I will be attending the DEP functions in Tyler due to the fact that I am moving back there probabaly in about 2 months. I am going to get me some more college credit hours under my belt before I ship.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

pneves wrote:When I signed up they gave me enough so that I could buy the fastest bike in Bn, which was the fastest bike in Bn the whole time I was there.
Pete, was that your Huffy that you're always bragging about or the Schwinn? :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “Introduction Archive”