Introduction- Justin

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RedRovor
Embryo

Introduction- Justin

Post by RedRovor »

Hello Rangers,

Thank you very much for your services it means a lot.

PT results: Pushups: 85 2 minutes
Situps: 100 1:58
Pullups 20 30 seconds
3 mile run 17:50
5 mile run 40:36

My name is Justin I am 16 (turning 17 march 30th)from California I work in the heating and air installation fieldas for sports I wrestle MMA/football. The reason I would like to join the military is to serve my country and give back to this country all that it offers me and to protect the people of America so they can have the freedom that they have today again tomorrow and for a long time, with that being said I have done some research on the Rangers (History, what they do, and some battles they fought) and it is very interesting and I would believe the best choice for me. I do not plan to make the military a career do my time and do it well and move on with my life. But during that time I would like to obtain the Ranger tab I know its going to be the hardest thing I've done and probably will do, but that is why I am hear to seek any advice or guidance you have to offer as well as learn as much as I can. Thank you for your time Rangers.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

RedRovor

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome RedRovor.

Search, reflect then post about the differences between a Ranger Tab & Ranger Regiment Scroll.
Some Ranger's here have either one of these items, some have both.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RedRovor
Embryo

Re: Introduction- Justin

Post by RedRovor »

Thank you Ranger Steadfast, I have done what you have instructed me to do and I came up with this information. The difference between the Ranger tab and the Ranger Regiment Scroll is, The Ranger Tab is something you gain once you have completed Ranger School which is a leadership/patrolling course for military personal in combat roles or combat support roles. The Ranger Regiment scroll is what you earn after you have made it through RASP/RIP (I do not know which one sorry) and get assigned to a battalion EX: 1st battalion 75th regiment, 2nd battalion 75th regiment and 3rd battalion 75th regiment.
And also on another note here is my PT results for last week completed Daily.
PU: 84 2 minutes
SU: 100 2 minutes
Pullups: 20 30 seconds
3mile run (daily from Monday to Friday): 18:06 18:00 18:08 17:50 17:30
5 mile run (Saturday): 40:51
Weight/Height: 136.0/5'9
GPA: 3.8 (I don't think you need this but just to show I am just on top of learning as I am PT.)
Also I'd like to change one thing in my intro instead of going for the Ranger Tab (which I would still like) but I would like to obtain the Ranger Regiment Scroll, sorry I did not know the difference.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Justin, good response. One of the reasons this site exists is to help fine young men earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment. If you wish to become one of these, you seem to be doing well enough. For your information, RASP has replaced RIP. It is still designed to eliminate the less than ready for Ranger service. Remember, the search feature, located in the top right of the page is your friend. I reserve judgement. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, young man. Nice job on your first assignment.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
RedRovor
Embryo

Post by RedRovor »

Thank you Ranger Jim, and Ranger Ron. That is why I am here Ranger Jim, I hope one day I can achieve my goal. I do have a question about the Mentor Program, I searched it on the search feature found some post that said the requirements were you had to be in the DEP, and then I seen some that said you need to be in the DEP AS well as have an Option 40 in your contract. So my question is do you need the Option 40 before I can try and get a mentor? Sorry if it is a stupid question but I would just like to clarify for I am a bit confused.
RedRovor
Embryo

Post by RedRovor »

I have found my answer after further reviewing, I am sorry for posting so much and posting a stupid question I could have found myself.
RedRovor
Embryo

Post by RedRovor »

SitRep- PT Results

PU:86 2 minutes
SU:100 2 minutes
Pull ups: wide grip palms out 20 in 30 seconds, close grip palms 20 in 30 seconds, close grip palms out 20 in 30 seconds.
3 mile run (4 time) 18:00 18:10 17:30 17:45
5 mile run - 40:31
I did weight training for 3 days (low weight high reps), as well as high rep calisthenics( 500 SU 400 PU 150 Pullups) for 3 days resting on Sunday and Friday.
I've read a lot of posts this week about securing the Option 40 contract, and the recruiters phase, as well as pt I am currently going to use the Pushup improvement training to get my Pushup score up, As well as the 12 week RASP routine. I will be putting into effect immediately today. Thank you Rangers for all the valuable information that you have spent the time to create.
Elmo
Ranger

Post by Elmo »

How are you running less than 18 minute 3-miles and over 40 minute 5-miles?
USARAF (DA Civilian) 2014-Present
ETS 10/2014
University of Wyoming ROTC Ops 2013-2014
2-503/173d 2012-2013
USARAF 2011-2012
C/2-12/1CAV PL 2008-2009
B/1-50 Sand Hill OSUT XO 2007-2008
OEF 13
Odyssey Dawn 2011
OIF 08-10
RS 05-10
RedRovor
Embryo

Post by RedRovor »

Well Ranger Elmo first off sorry its been a week to reply been busy, now to answer your question it is only my third time running more then 3 miles and the way I time my five mile runs is by a clock that waits for me at the finish point not smart I know.(I run my 3 miles at my MMA class they time it right there.) Now I went out and got myself a stopwatch so I can time my runs properly, and I dropped 4 minutes got 36:40, could be the fact that I actually stopped the watch at red lights but I definitely need to improve.

Return to “Introduction Archive”