Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

CCArmymom
Embryo

Introduction

Post by CCArmymom »

Good Morning,

I am a proud parent of a hopefully future Ranger, he starts the course on Sept. 11. I have joined the forum to see what others have gone through and hopefully gain knowledge of what our son will go though as well. I look forward to your comments and feedback! CCArmymom
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome here Ma'am.

Congratulations on raising a future warrior, hopefully he will be successful. Er, which course is he taking?

I moved your topic to civilian forum, sorry, but as of yet you are not a Ranger parent & you gave us no bio on yourself either being a veteran or a civilian.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
CCArmymom
Embryo

Post by CCArmymom »

Thank you, I was not sure where to post or what an intro would be. I am not sure which course he is in either, I only know he flew from Italy to Benning today and day zero is Sunday. I feel quite good about his chances for success due to his past experiences but I am sure it will be the toughest if not one of the toughest things he has ever done. As for my background, I am not a veteran but my husband (his father) is a retired 06 in the Navy so I am very familiar with the Navy side of the house anyway. As a mother, I would really love to see his graduation and plan on attending when I know the date - but from what I have read that may not be until near the end. Oh well, I will make it happen. Thank you for your reply and your service!
CCArmymom
Embryo

Post by CCArmymom »

Good Afternoon, here is more an an intruduction for myself. I am 49 years old and married to a retired 06 Naval Officer. We have a son who will begin Ranger School Sept 11 and has been in the Army about 15 months. I have a Masters in Architecture and a small practice where I live. We also have 2 other children, another son who is in the Navy and a daughter in College. We are very proud of all of them.

I am interested in this forum to find out as much as I can on what my Army son will be going though in the next few months. I feel good about his chances for success dues to his past training and experiences but realize this will be one of the toughest thing he will ever do. I hope to attend his graduation in a few months but a little anxious about how I will know that it will happen.

I look forward to hearing from you all!
CCArmymom
Embryo

Post by CCArmymom »

Thank you very much for the info! I just got a phone call from him that he arrived in Benning safe and sound. Now a few days rest before it all begins!
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

wazzle wrote:Here is the Ranger School website

http://www.benning.army.mil/infantry/rtb/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your son will be able to contact you between each of the three phases to keep you informed of his progress. At the end, there will be a day or so where he can let you know if he passed. If you need to fly to get to the graduation, getting the reservation ahead of time may be a good idea, but would recommend getting one that can be rescheduled or cancelled.

Class dates are here

http://www.benning.army.mil/infantry/rt ... hedule.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like a grad date of November 11 if all goes well.
Heads up on this graduation date. It's going to be a bit longer than 1 month.

Welcome and great job raising what sound like great kids.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

My mistake. Scratch my last y'all. I guess lack of sleep had me thinking it was already October. :|

Carry on. I'll be in line for coffee.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
CCArmymom
Embryo

Post by CCArmymom »

Good Morning,

Can anyone tell me if I will get the mailing information to send letters as far as Class/Company from my son or will I get a letter from the school after he checks in telling me where to send mail?

Thanks to all who serve!
CCArmymom
Embryo

Post by CCArmymom »

Thank you very much!
CCArmymom
Embryo

Post by CCArmymom »

Good News, Our son passed phase 1 and is onto Phase 2. He sounded surprisingly alert on the phone during his 10 hour pass this weekend. He says it is good training and he is happy he is there but hopes not to be longer than 62 days! I have purchased my ticket for graduation from Southwest so I can change it if I need to, but I don't think I will have to. Thank you all for your advice early on and your service!
CCArmymom
Embryo

Post by CCArmymom »

Hi There, I am not sure where to post this but I have a question. My son called before Mountain Phase and I expected to hear from him this weekend between Mountain and Florida Phase but I did not. I know no news is good news but I was wondering if you had any wisdom on this. Thanks for the reply and thak you for your service!

Return to “Introduction Archive”