Introduction - David

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

AnnapolisBenArnie
Egg

Introduction - David

Post by AnnapolisBenArnie »

Rangers,

My name is David and I'm a 22 year old recent 4-year college graduate with a degree in Biology: Anatomy & Physiology. At school I played varsity soccer and captained my team during my junior and senior seasons. My brother is currently a 2nd lieutenant combat engineer in the Marine Corps Reserve and deploys to Afghanistan early in 2011. I have not yet run an Army PFT and will do so in the very near future. I have run a Navy PST with a group of special operator hopefuls in the area and recorded 80 pushups and 79 situps. The last time I ran a timed 2-mile was in August of 2009. I do not remember the exact seconds but clocked roughly 11:45. I was planning to train for approximately 1 more year before enlisting, but I would prefer to ship out in the next 6-8 months. I am going to the Army recruiter's office tomorrow to discuss signing an 11x option 40 contract in the near future.

As per the following quote from "Board index ‹ Site and Ranger Board Info ‹ Board FAQ" Topic Name "Non-Rangers: Username and Avatar Selection":
B. If you are:

Anyone else, you will select an avatar from an Avatar Gallery Category which matches the rank that appears directly under your username.

- Future Soldiers (includes @ OSUT, @ ABN, @ RIP): select an avatar from the 'DEPs' Gallery of images.
- Newts and other system assigned rank - select an avatar from the 'Newts' Gallery of images.
I could not locate the "Newts" Gallery as directed. In the meantime, I have selected what I found to be the most embarrassing avatar available. I am ready and willing to change that avatar if desired.

Thank you Rangers for making this site what it is. I've already found an abundance of information available and I'm sure I have barely scratched the surface.
"I will stay with it and endure though suffering hardship, and once the heaving sea has shaken my raft to pieces, then will I swim." - Odysseus

Ship: 20110809
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction - David

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome, David. Your wanting to serve our country as an Army Ranger is appreciated. Good luck to you with "luck" meaning preparedness meeting opportunity. It's up to you to be prepared, find the opportunity and make your own good luck. Keep us posted on how things progress during your recruitment process. And be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
AnnapolisBenArnie
Egg

Re: Introduction - David

Post by AnnapolisBenArnie »

Roger that Ranger Bill. Thank you for those words of wisdom.
"I will stay with it and endure though suffering hardship, and once the heaving sea has shaken my raft to pieces, then will I swim." - Odysseus

Ship: 20110809

Return to “Introduction Archive”