BA in Finance, hoping to get a BA in ass kicking

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

bakerb15
Egg

BA in Finance, hoping to get a BA in ass kicking

Post by bakerb15 »

Hello Rangers,
My name is Brad. I'm 23 years old. I got my degree from Michigan State University (any spartan rangers on here?). I got a 98 on the asvab and I should be able to ace a pt test when the time comes. I can't wait to see if I have what it takes. I was considering getting an ocs contract, but I believe the best route for me is enlisting first, even though an extra 18k a year would be nice.

The process so far has been frustrating. My stuff was submitted to meps 2 months ago. I guess the problem is that I took the asvab in December at a different meps station then the one they are going to send me to (I was working with a different recruiter at the time). My recruiter says the army's fiscal year starts next month and that stuff should start to open up. Do any of you rangers know if this is true?
I don't know if I can wait 11 months for an option 40 contract to open up. I wanted to leave for basic yesterday.

p.s.
I tried to get a "newt" avatar, but for some reason it is not showing up on the list (so I picked a dep avatar instead).

Brad
Nomad
Ranger

Re: BA in Finance, hoping to get a BA in ass kicking

Post by Nomad »

Brad,

Read the SOP's before you continue posting. It will help you not repeat some of the mistakes in your intro.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your desire to serve. Attention to detail will keep you on the straight and narrow on this site.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Fellow Spartan here, living in Lake Orion. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated. Follow the advicce you've been given and be sure to read and heed the ROE I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”