Introduction-Kristi

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

kristi_kane
Egg

Introduction-Kristi

Post by kristi_kane »

Good Evening Rangers,

Please permit me to introduce myself and the reason for finally posting after lurking here for so long.

My name is Kristi and my ex was (is?) a Ranger and my son, wanting to follow in his footsteps is an aspiring Ranger. I began lurking at ArmyRanger.com, when my son began to express his interest in following in his father's footsteps. Once here, I realized I had been missing the comaraderie that was a large part of my life as a Ranger wife. I thoroughly enjoy reading all the posts and replies.

My real reason for finally posting is to ask a question. My son has dyslexia, but has never used it as a crutch and has for the most part overcome it. With this in mind, will he still be able to join the Army and the Rangers in particular? I cannot seem to find a concrete answer to my question and keep receiving differing opinions on the subject. If I am posting this in the wrong area, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your service to our county!

Kristi
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Kristi

Post by Jim »

kristi_kane wrote:Good Evening Rangers,

Please permit me to introduce myself and the reason for finally posting after lurking here for so long.

My name is Kristi and my ex was (is?) a Ranger and my son, wanting to follow in his footsteps is an aspiring Ranger. I began lurking at ArmyRanger.com, when my son began to express his interest in following in his father's footsteps. Once here, I realized I had been missing the comaraderie that was a large part of my life as a Ranger wife. I thoroughly enjoy reading all the posts and replies.

My real reason for finally posting is to ask a question. My son has dyslexia, but has never used it as a crutch and has for the most part overcome it. With this in mind, will he still be able to join the Army and the Rangers in particular? I cannot seem to find a concrete answer to my question and keep receiving differing opinions on the subject. If I am posting this in the wrong area, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your service to our county!

Kristi
Welcome...

I have met a number of troops who are dyxlexic, but have developed coping mechanisms. However, a waiver might be required -- it will have to be resolved during the recruitment process.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Why the divorce?
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
kristi_kane
Egg

Post by kristi_kane »

Thank you Rangers for the welcome.

Ranger Jim: Thank you for this information, it is quite helpful.

Ranger RRDTm3: There were many variances that led to the eventual demise of our marriage. The last thing we disagreed on was his "relations" with other women.

Kristi
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Welcome.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Kristi
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Welcome fine Lady and thanx for raising a patriotic son in whom you must be justifiably proud.
Happy Mother's Day!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
kristi_kane
Egg

Post by kristi_kane »

Thank you Rangers and ladies for the welcome.

Return to “Introduction Archive”