Can anyone give me stats...

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

elimama
Egg

Can anyone give me stats...

Post by elimama »

Hi Guys, I'm looking for some stats on how many men in the military are actually Ranger Qualified. I had once heard that less than 1% of the US population raises their hand to serve in the armed forces. I wanted to know if that is accurate and if so how many guys in the military are wearing that "coveted tab." Anyone have numbers for me??
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Can anyone give me stats...

Post by Jim »

Please post an introduction. Tell us who you are, how old you are, and what your intentions are. On this site, we pay attention to detail, and we expect the same from you.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
elimama
Egg

Re: Can anyone give me stats...

Post by elimama »

Sorry Guys... still new to this... I'm a Midwest "Army Wife" and my husband is currently away. I am trying to help my family and friends understand what it takes/means to be a Ranger. People think "Rambo" or "Green Beret" and say that. They don't understand Ranger and what the training, etc consists of. I have a blog to keep them all "in the loop" and I try to take info from the Benning site that explains a little bit, but I can't find stats anywhere. I think it's easier for them to relate to percentages. I once heard a general say, in a speech, that "less than 1% of the American population raises their hand to serve in the armed forces." That just hit me. I thought if I could provide our family friends with numbers... how many guys are usually in a class, how many get through certain phases and how many of those men are tabbed at the end, then they could understand the "awesomeness" (quote from Kung Foo Panda). Then also, out of the Army population, how many are actually Ranger Qualified. I'm still learning a lot of this but I like to research and read up on everything to try and stay as involved as I can. Thanks Guys! Any info would be great!

Return to “Introduction Archive”