Intro-just a wife

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Barbwirenroses77
Egg

Intro-just a wife

Post by Barbwirenroses77 »

Hey y'all...my name isn't important so you can call me Barbie. Lol.

I registered on this site coz my husband is leaving for PRC supposedly in a few weeks and then off to ranger after that. I say supposedly because when you're married to a soldier in the US army you learn not to make plans...you just hope and wash PT's. And we don't have paper orders yet so nothing is official.

My husband has been in for 2 years, he's an 11Bang Bang and has been with an Airborne unit since he joined. He just got back from Iraq last November and has tentative plans to go to selection in the fall.

I guess my main question is for those who have been through Ranger school...I know its not an easy course and what do you wish your significant other had done/not done/done more (or less) while you were gone. (and don't say "stayed faithful" because thats just annoying if not insulting and I managed to keep my legs crossed for a year long deployment so I think I can handle a few months) Any advice you can give me would be great. Mostly I'm wondering if I should write him or not. I know I CAN...but is it like basic where they make him do extra PT for letters? Does it help or make you homesick?

Thanks in advance. Being a spouse sucks...the army tells YOU what to expect and how to react. But as a spouse you have to go off of whatever your significant other doesn't forget to tell you.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Intro-just a wife

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

No such thing as "just a wife" for a soldier's spouse. Welcome to the site and thank you for supporting your soldier.

There will very quickly other wives on that can assist you with many of your questions. There are many threads that pertain to being a Ranger's wife. You might want to use the search feature to see what is easily available.

Again thank you for your support and fidelity.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

al_2ndWolfhounds wrote:No such thing as "just a wife"

I couldn't agree more! I'm sure one of the ladies will be by soon to bring you along your journey as your husband begins his journey. Thank you for interest in the site and your husbands service. Best of the luck to the both of you
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

You can write him. Just make sure everything you write is about food. That is all he will be thinking about for two months.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

and make sure everything you write on is a used McDonald's or Burger King wrapper. They love that.

Welcome to the site.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Barbie.
Thanks for supporting your warrior
We have a wives forum here where you will find many answers to your questions.
Looking foward to getting to know you better.
Barbwirenroses77
Egg

Post by Barbwirenroses77 »

...So what I'm getting from this is they won't feed him for two months? Hmm...he did put on a little weight on block leave....Maybe ranger school is just what the doctor ordered. :lol:
Warriorwife
DSOTYR - Ranger Wife

Post by Warriorwife »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com Barbie
Thanks to you warrior for his service and to you for your support of him,
You will find many of the answers you seek in our wives forum
Looking foward to getting to know you better there.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Welcome
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Return to “Introduction Archive”