Introduction, Future soldier

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Chomy
Embryo

Introduction, Future soldier

Post by Chomy »

Hello Rangers, and all other members of this helpfull website. First I would like to thank you for allowing me to become a member and post on this site, I have been posting on the U.S Army fourm site under Special Operations but Its not as helpfull as I would like it to be so I moved to this one. I am currently a senior in High School and waiting to turn 18 and graduate before I enlist as a 11b. I plan to get an option 40 contract and become a U.S Army Ranger. Being a Ranger has been a dream of mine since I was a freshman in High School and a Army Ranger came and talked to my Army Junior ROTC class. I live near Cincinnati, Ohio but recently moved to Northern Kentucky. I can not wait to serve my country and become one of the elite Army Rangers. Alot of my family and friends are in the military and I respect everyone who serves their country no matter what branch or MOS. My main concern for R.I.P and just joining the Army itself is my weight. I am about 5'8 and weight only around 125lbs. I've tried for the past year to gain weight and I just can not keep it on me though, that doesn't go say I am an average skinny guy. I work out almost every day of the week to prep my self for Rangers. I haven't taken a timed PT test in a while but I plan on it soon, and when I do I will post to show you were I currently stand. Any Advice or anything would be appreciated, thanks again.

Rangers Lead The Way!
Chomy
Embryo

Re: Introduction, Future soldier

Post by Chomy »

PT
Push ups~65
Sit ups~ 67
(I'll put up my 2 mile run tomorrow when I get home from school because I'm running 2 mile in Gym at abut 0900) I would of done it tonight but I don't exactly no how far 2 miles is here cause I'm fairly new to the area and Its alot of up and down hills and I don't know how if that effects the run or not. I imagine it would make it tougher.

Goals -
Push ups~ 80-100+
Sit ups~ 90-100+
2 Miles~ 13:00 (or less shootin for more 12:30 area)
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to serve our country as an Army Ranger is appreciated. You should consider talking to a recruiter soon so you can start the enlistment process and enter the Delayed Entry Program with an Option 40 contract and lock in a ship date of your choice. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Chomy, check your PMs.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

DEP: Shipdate 20100727

Ranger Bill's mentee
Chomy
Embryo

Post by Chomy »

Roger, I've read the PM and understood. Again thanks for allowing me on here to talk with real Rangers, it really is appreciated. I would also like to take the moment just to say that I am looking for someone who could individually help me out as a mentor, I'm dedicated 100% and then some to becoming a Ranger and I want to enlist already prepared for the challenges ahead.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Chomy wrote:Roger, I've read the PM and understood. Again thanks for allowing me on here to talk with real Rangers, it really is appreciated. I would also like to take the moment just to say that I am looking for someone who could individually help me out as a mentor, I'm dedicated 100% and then some to becoming a Ranger and I want to enlist already prepared for the challenges ahead.
who exactly are you addressing here? go read the FAQs.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Chomy
Embryo

Post by Chomy »

Ranger KW Driver,
I was just posting that out there for anyone becase I left it out of my introduction. And I will right now.
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

Just remember one EXTREMELY important fact, stud. It's okay to be proud of your ethnic background but we salute ONE FLAG in this country. Good luck in your journey.
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV
Chomy
Embryo

Post by Chomy »

Roger Ranger Maggot275. I am an american inside and out, and will always uphold the flag above anything else, and do what is right and fight for freedom. No other country comes close to how high I hold the United States. And thank you for the "Good luck" I'll most likely eventually need it.

Return to “Introduction Archive”