Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

601reece80
Embryo

Intro

Post by 601reece80 »

My name is Reece and I am a junior in high school. I have always been very interested in the rangers and now i am finaly old enough to pursue my dream. I will be a DEP in a few months. I was going to play football in college but I tore my PCL this year and colleges are really hesitent about that kind of stuff.
~PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY~
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Intro

Post by RangerJurena »

601reece80 wrote:My name is Reece and I am a junior in high school. I have always been very interested in the rangers and now i am finaly old enough to pursue my dream. I will be a DEP in a few months. I was going to play football in college but I tore my PCL this year and colleges are really hesitent about that kind of stuff.
Explain your statement about colleges? Did they all suddenly tell you that your torn PCL was a disqualifier or is this an assumption on your part.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Army will not touch you unless it's been two years since you recovered. I'd check with your recruiter.

Finally, Welcome and read the ROE PM I'm sending you.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. Good luck with you future.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
601reece80
Embryo

Post by 601reece80 »

People have told me that the chances of me still getting a scholarship are less now that i had knee surgery so I'm going to pursue becoming a ranger. My recruiter really hasn't acted like it would have to be a long period of time after my surgery until i could join. He basically said if I could perform well I could probably get in. I wanna know if I can have an examination when I become a DEP in a few months to see if i qualify because i do not wanna go through my senior year not knowing for sure if I will be accepted because I don't have a back up plan if that happens right now.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

As part of the enlistment process you will be given a physical exam at MEPS. The purpose of the exam, along with your scores on tests you will be given, and your personal history, will be to see if you meet the requirements for enlistment and whether you qualify for a Ranger Option. After that, should you decide to, you would enlist in the Delayed Entry Program and be a Future Soldier and ship on a date you agree to some time after graduation. You are a still a junior now, but your recrutier should be able to tell you when you can start the process.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

601reece80 wrote:People have told me that the chances of me still getting a scholarship are less now that i had knee surgery so I'm going to pursue becoming a ranger. My recruiter really hasn't acted like it would have to be a long period of time after my surgery until i could join. He basically said if I could perform well I could probably get in. I wanna know if I can have an examination when I become a DEP in a few months to see if i qualify because i do not wanna go through my senior year not knowing for sure if I will be accepted because I don't have a back up plan if that happens right now.
Read the ROE PM that RangerJurena sent you prio to posting again. You also need to address each Ranger on this site as "Ranger".
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
601reece80
Embryo

Post by 601reece80 »

Rangers, my recruiter just told me that i will be able to see an army doctor as soon as i turn 17 to get a full physical, and even then if i'm not approved for service I will be able to get my high school coaches to write a letter to the person in charge of approving soldiers for service about my performance in the coming up school year, and that'll give me a chance too. The other problem I'm having is my parents being really worried about the war. I do not want to have to wait until my eighteenth birthday to join if they do not give me consent.
Rangertab1
Tadpole

Post by Rangertab1 »

Hey Reece, welcome to the site young man. Only you can know how well your recovery is going. Doc can look at it and you can tell him its fine, but you have to be honest with yourself. Pain, although contrary to your quote, is not always weakness leaving your body. Many times, it is weakness entering your body. If you are injured and are limited in any way by your injury, don't push it. Your body is young. A kid your age could almost regrow a limb, given enough time. And time is something you've got.

My point is to be patient and make sure you can handle what you will be volunteering for. Good luck, Mississippian.
Outstanding! I get to lead my family through humanity's next mass die-off. -Me

Commissioned, Lamar University - 19 December 1992
Ranger School Class 10-93
S4 RSE PL, 2/75 93-94
601reece80
Embryo

Post by 601reece80 »

Ranger JLTW and Rangertab1, im trying everyday to convince them of the reasons I wan to join. I have a chance at also getting an academic scholarship so me joining the army is hard for them to understand when i could be working towards becoming a doctor or something like that. I have even showed them this website to prove the fact that being a ranger is alot more than what some people think as "crazy people" crawling in the mud and things like that. I have explained the sense of pride and duty to country also. It'll take alot more than lack of support to keep me from wearing the tab i have dreamed of for as many years as i can remember. As for my knee I had a complete PCL reconstruction where they had to harvest a muscle from my upper leg and replaced the ligament that was torn in half. I am expect4ed to make a full recovery by August so playing football will show me if me leg can take some beatings and still perform. Tahnk you very much for your insights
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Where in southern Mississippi?
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
601reece80
Embryo

Post by 601reece80 »

ranger baseblate,a few hours south of jackson in hattiesburg
ShotUp
Soldier

Post by ShotUp »

Welcome and good luck.

As a guest of this site, we always capitalize Ranger, they've earned it.

I did my training at Camp Shelby before I deployed to Iraq. That humidity is a bitch.
02-08 1/128 INF BN

Return to “Introduction Archive”