11x wanting Opt. 40

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Gunemdown
Future Soldier

11x wanting Opt. 40

Post by Gunemdown »

Hello Rangers, let me introduce myself...My names Derick I am 6'5 233, 20yrs old, I just left from MEPS yesterday with my 11x contract and I'm shipping out 20090211. Now while I was at MEPS yesterday I told them I wanted to secure an option 40 on my contract, my liason tried looking it up but there wasnt any slots open for the time frame I was shipping out. He even got on the phone with someone and tried to pull a slot from a March class, and the person he was on the phone with was cut off by someone in the Department of the Army(supposably). Now he said that when I get back to MEPS to ship out that we can try again and see if there are any Airborne or Ranger slots open and if not then I would have to volunteer in OSUT.

Now what I'm asking is...was I bullshitted or was I being told the truth? I don't mind having to ask everyday in Basic to volunteer for Airborne and a chance into RIP. But I know nothing verbally can be promised and it needs to be on paper, but let's say I can't for some odd reason get an Airborne slot or option 40 slot at MEPS when I ship out...what are the chances that I can get a shot at Airborne or RIP after basic considering I bug the hell out of everyone while in OSUT?
Bravo57
Ranger

Re: 11x wanting Opt. 40

Post by Bravo57 »

Welcome to the site. Please read the PM I've sent you. It's our site's rules and ROE.

Make sure you search and read that PM prior to posting again.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

BSed or not? A little of each.
However, a similar thread was active within the last few days.
Read much, search much.
And do more PT!

Welcome to the site.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Gunemdown

I see one of my Mentees has gotten a hold of you.

Please post a introduction here.

http://forum.armyranger.com/viewforum.php?f=35" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After that send me a PM.

I'm looking for another challenge.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

***MOVED TO INTRO SECTION TO SAVE YOU GRIEF***
Welcome to the site, and thanks for signing on the dotted line. Lead the way!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to serve our country. You may, repeat may, get the opportunity to volunteer for Airborne and RIP, but there is no gaurantee. You should not have signed and went home. Magically, you would have been called, providing you qualify. Get back with your recruiter and attempt to renegotiate your contract. Others have done it.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Gunemdown
Future Soldier

Post by Gunemdown »

Sorry about the lack of introduction thing Rangers, I was in a rush. I'll do more of an intro right now since I have the time. Other than my name, age, height and weight(and yes I plan on losing about 10 to 15 more pounds), I have grown up in a military family and have always heard the stories about Korea, Vietnam, first Gulf, and into Iraq and Afghanistan. They have always had me interested into joining the military. Well my initial plan was to go into the Navy and go to BUD/S and go into SEAL Teams but a Navy recruited I had talked to and received my info said it was impossible for me to ship out within the 30 days I had planned for and told me it would be about 6-9 months before I even REPORTED to Great Lakes. So I decided to go into the Army and get my infantry and combat expirence before I tried for BUD/S(I am overly confident about getting through it).

Oh and to respond to the Ranger(?) about me not signing into infantry and going home and letting them call me, I don't regret signing on, all I've ever wanted was to serve, and I plan...hope...on climbing the ladder into Airborne then into RIP and on up the SF ladder. But if I can get there sooner then thats what I want. I know I'll most likely be put in my place because I'm so confident about doing what I dream of, haha, but it's ok. I've never really wanted to be in a large group of soldiers such as a big infantry brigade, but rather always wanted to be in smaller more efficient special operations groups, and thats what I hope I have the chance to do.

Oh and just to let everyone to know where I'm at on my personal APFT(not graded by an instructer yet...that's coming monday)
Push-ups...80
Sit-ups...81
2 mile run...I havn't ran the full 2 miles in a lil over a week but have ran the 1.5 in just under 10 mins.
Pull-ups...10

DW
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

keerist...do you have a Tshirt that says "kill em all, let God sort em out'?

You need to slow down.

Thank you for your willingness to serve, but just taking a contract and hoping to "climb the ladder to Airborne and RIP" gets you no where. Oh, and please, if your goal is to be a SEAL, go get it. Don't waste anyone's time as you try and use the Regiment as a stepping stone.

There is a recent post by K.Ingraham in our fourm "about enlistment" that has some great advice about slots upcoming and just taking what is thrown at you in hopes you get where you need to be.

Good luck in your endeavours.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

RangerJurena wrote:keerist...do you have a Tshirt that says "kill em all, let God sort em out'?

You need to slow down.

Thank you for your willingness to serve, but just taking a contract and hoping to "climb the ladder to Airborne and RIP" gets you no where. Oh, and please, if your goal is to be a SEAL, go get it. Don't waste anyone's time as you try and use the Regiment as a stepping stone.

There is a recent post by K.Ingraham in our fourm "about enlistment" that has some great advice about slots upcoming and just taking what is thrown at you in hopes you get where you need to be.

Good luck in your endeavours.

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Pushing 'em out...."attention to detail", "setting the example" and all that... :oops:

Because I'm feeling generous tonight, here's the link to the thread Ranger Jurena referenced:
http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=46237" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll hear no more from me.

RS 9-76

Gunemdown
Future Soldier

Post by Gunemdown »

No I don't mean any disrespect by using Rangers as a steping stone...a stepping stone wasn't even in my intentions...I meant that since a SEAL contract wasn't available to me at that time I have been turning my interests into the Rangers more and more by the day. Every day I learn something new about them that pulls me more and more intrigued by them. I hope I havn't offended anyone because I know how cocky each of the branches are about their special units and such, and how competitive they are, no disrespect meant.

Return to “Introduction Archive”