ridethepony's introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

ridethepony

ridethepony's introduction

Post by ridethepony »

Hello all Rangers!
My name is ridethepony and I have been looking at this site for quite a while now. It seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable experts here who can answer all my questions.
My Father served with the 82nd in Detroit and Vietnam before getting shot and leaving the war with a purple heart. He is sick now and his wish is that I join the military and do what I can to get to the 82nd Airborne. I have decided to enlist, but I can't lie, the 75th Ranger BRG is obviously much more important today with the "global war on terror" such that it is. I used to want to go into Psyops or something like that, but after reading some of the posts here I think that "Rangers Lead the Way!" seems to be the most logical path.
By the way:

Push up= 48
Sit up = 61
1/2 mile = 3:56

I could do better at PT but I'm 35 and it just seems to HURT a little. Please give good advice.
Thanks Rangers!
ridethepony

Re: ridethepony's introduction

Post by ridethepony »

Sorry Rangers, I forgot to state my education level and ASVAB scores. The reason is because I have not taken the test yet. My degree is a B.S. in Criminal Justice. Any tips on studying for the ASVAB would be extremely helpful.
Thanks,
ridethepony
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to serve our country is appreciated. Keep us posted on progress with your enlistment, and a big "All The Way" to your dad.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

ridethepony wrote:Hello all Rangers!
My name is ridethepony and I have been looking at this site for quite a while now. It seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable experts here who can answer all my questions.
My Father served with the 82nd in Detroit and Vietnam before getting shot and leaving the war with a purple heart. He is sick now and his wish is that I join the military and do what I can to get to the 82nd Airborne. I have decided to enlist, but I can't lie, the 75th Ranger BRG is obviously much more important today with the "global war on terror" such that it is. I used to want to go into Psyops or something like that, but after reading some of the posts here I think that "Rangers Lead the Way!" seems to be the most logical path.
By the way:

Push up= 48
Sit up = 61

I could do better at PT but I'm 35 and it just seems to HURT a little. Please give good advice.
Thanks Rangers!
What?

Welcome here. Hope you find what you are in search for.
It's all good.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

SkyShark wrote:
ridethepony wrote:Hello all Rangers!
By the way:

Push up= 48
Sit up = 61

Thanks Rangers!
What?

Welcome here. Hope you find what you are in search for.

The 505 was deployed there to counter racial rioting.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I've got to find a My Little Pony avatar for you....

Welcome to the site! Hope your father gets well.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
ridethepony

Post by ridethepony »

Thanks Ranger Earthpig.

Oh, by the way, if you could choose a "manly" color for the my little pony avatar (ie. not pink) that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rangers!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

ridethepony wrote:Thanks Ranger Earthpig.

Oh, by the way, if you could choose a "manly" color for the my little pony avatar (ie. not pink) that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Rangers!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Absolutely! Nothing but the finest RVN tiger stripe camo.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

Friend is 32.
1/2 mile?
what?
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Is this a joke?
ridethepony

Post by ridethepony »

Good Morning Rangers.

Yesterday I ran 1 mile in 7:56. I know that it's not that fast, but to me it's smokin'. I am not going to pretend that I'm some sort of stud. It was hard as hell for me to keep the pace to do this. Ok, it was pretty easy....I just tried my best to ignore the pain in my lungs, and kept an inspirational song in my head....AND never gave in to the temptation to stop. Next week i'll try to run 2 miles in 15 minutes. Ok...lets say 14 minutes. Pretty sure i can do it.
One thing that keeps the motivation going is the Ranger Creed! I hope all US soldiers have this kind of honor and pride. My Father wants to thank ALL the Rangers for putting their lives on the line and so do I. RLTW... You are all awesome. Don't ever forget that almost all the US people are behind you 100%!!!!!
Thanks Rangers.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

EP,

He still ain't got an avatar...go ahead and give him the one I sent you...

7:56? Really?

Follow Nomad's Daily Workout EVERY DAY FROM HERE ON OUT. Please...It will help. Alot.
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

ridethepony wrote:Good Morning Rangers.

Yesterday I ran 1 mile in 7:56. I know that it's not that fast, but to me it's smokin'. I am not going to pretend that I'm some sort of stud. It was hard as hell for me to keep the pace to do this. Ok, it was pretty easy....I just tried my best to ignore the pain in my lungs, and kept an inspirational song in my head....AND never gave in to the temptation to stop. Next week i'll try to run 2 miles in 15 minutes. Ok...lets say 14 minutes. Pretty sure i can do it.
One thing that keeps the motivation going is the Ranger Creed! I hope all US soldiers have this kind of honor and pride. My Father wants to thank ALL the Rangers for putting their lives on the line and so do I. RLTW... You are all awesome. Don't ever forget that almost all the US people are behind you 100%!!!!!
Thanks Rangers.
Ok. 1 mile in 7:56 is not the end of the road for you, unless you decide not to make any progress from here on out.

It would benefit you to not go from one to two to three miles etc. You'll get shin splints and won't see any noticeable improvement. Instead, you probably have a few pounds of office fat to shed anyways, which will make it easier to lessen the impact on your joints. At your age you need to take in all considerations to make it through something like this with as little damage as possible. I'll let you know right now that you won't be catching the 18-23 year old studs for a long time, if ever. But don't use your age as an excuse either. Use it for motivation.

I suggest you check out our PT section. There are excellent threads on how to improve your running and the rest of your fitness. There's a daily workout post in that section, which started about six months ago. One of the members there who participates in it on a daily basis is your age, with plenty of obligations and he is right up there with the two younger studs who set the pace in there. I suggest you either start somewhere around page one and work your way through the last 20 pages or you begin today with the WOD.

Don't be shy about posting "shitty" results. We all sucked when we started working out. Only time and effort will improve your scores. But once you're there, you'll be feeling pretty damn good about yourself.

The thread in question is located here WOD.

If you want this bad enough, you will do whatever needs to be done to get it.

RLTW!
ridethepony

Post by ridethepony »

God bless you Ranger Nomad. But...

100 Pull-Ups (palms facing out)

200 Push-Ups

300 Squats (90 degree bend in your knees)

Are you kidding me?!?! I dont have a problem with the push-ups or the squats, but the pull-ups....
Do Army Rangers really have to do that many pull-ups?
I'm in pretty good shape (obviously NOT) but 100 pull-ups is a daunting task. I can do a few "chin-ups" but pull-ups have always eluded me. I'm sorry I feel like such a sh-tb-g for posting this. Are there any other guys out there who can't do pull-ups??

Thanks Rangers!

Return to “Introduction Archive”