Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

FrankLovesAKs
Embryo

Introduction

Post by FrankLovesAKs »

Hello all, my name is James and I am a 21 year old male. I have plans to join the United States Army 11x Option 40. I am going to take my ASVAB next week and hopefully attend BCT early or mid February . In the meantime I am doing all I can to prepare myself physically and mentally for RIP and Ranger School. I would really appreciate all the help I could get and maybe when I attend BCT I can make a friend/mentor from this site who could help me get where I need to be. Until then feel free to smoke my ass!
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to be an Army Ranger is appreciated and you can get all the help you need to succeed in reaching your goals. Keep us informed of progress with your recruiter and others will be along to smoke you, I am sure. But in the meantime, be sure to follow the site rules and read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
FrankLovesAKs
Embryo

Post by FrankLovesAKs »

Thank you Ranger Ranger Bill I will be reading this now. I'm actually looking forward to all the smokings I get. Even thinking of if I should purposely do things throughout my training so I get worked harder lol.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome, and thanks for your interest in enlisting. Good luck at MEPS. Don't sign anything you don't want.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
FrankLovesAKs
Embryo

Post by FrankLovesAKs »

Oh I have a question about that and maybe you guys could answer it a little bit better as my recruiter didn't even know what Option 40 was.. I asked if there are limited slots and his reply was simply "No" but I keep reading that people have problems getting Option 40 into their contract. Does the problem with obtaining Option 40 occur only at MEPs? Are there really only limited slots? What is the deal? Thanks in advance.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

FrankLovesAKs wrote:Oh I have a question about that and maybe you guys could answer it a little bit better as my recruiter didn't even know what Option 40 was.. I asked if there are limited slots and his reply was simply "No" but I keep reading that people have problems getting Option 40 into their contract. Does the problem with obtaining Option 40 occur only at MEPs? Are there really only limited slots? What is the deal? Thanks in advance.
This has been answered 16 billion times here, but I'm not drunk yet, so we'll make it 16 billion and one.

The pogues at MEPS are car salesmen. They want to sell you the Ford Pinto that hasn't been selling this month. If they convince you to buy it, they might win the three day vaction to Maui. They are going to try everything in their power (yes, including lying) to get you to buy a Ford Pinto before you leave MEPS.

You, on the other hand, want a Shelby Mustang....fully loaded. Are you going to let these dipshits convince you to sign for the Pinto? Or, are you going to be firm and insist on the Mustang?

Both will get you across town and back. Both will haul your groceries. But really.....would you want to be seen driving a Pinto? The choice is yours.

RLTW
EP
FrankLovesAKs
Embryo

Post by FrankLovesAKs »

Thank you Ranger EarthPig. Makes sense and I will be firm in my decision.

What is my punishment for not using Search? I'll be glad to knock it out for your time.
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

FrankLovesAKs wrote:Thank you Ranger EarthPig. Makes sense and I will be firm in my decision.

What is my punishment for not using Search? I'll be glad to knock it out for your time.
Can't hold back (I know, I know, 'Kinder, Gentler..blase, blase, Got It! Still......)

Look son, between your screen name which thporoughly pisses me off for some damn reason and he "Hey Guys" thrown in now and again and this whole "smoke me I'm a rock" crap, you are completely pissing me off. By now I am rather certain someone has sent you a PM about the rules of being a DEP or whatever it is you are. Somewhere in those rules is a very simple and succinct piece of advise.......

SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Cripes I find you annoying!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
FrankLovesAKs
Embryo

Post by FrankLovesAKs »

:lol: never said I was a rock, but if you think so baby. :wink:
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

FrankLovesAKs wrote::lol: never said I was a rock, but if you think so baby. :wink:
untrainable

move to ban.

move out clown
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

FrankLovesAKs wrote::lol: never said I was a rock, but if you think so baby. :wink:
:shock:
I guess about 5,000 pushups ought to square you up, unless Ranger Gordo is feeling like it's a flutterkick kind of day.

RLTW
EP
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

EarthPig wrote:
:shock:
I guess about 5,000 pushups ought to square you up, unless Ranger Gordo is feeling like it's a flutterkick kind of day.

RLTW
EP
I'm thinkin more like 100mph tape around his freaking keyboard!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
FrankLovesAKs
Embryo

Post by FrankLovesAKs »

I'll apologize for being the piece of shit that wrote that comment. Thought a little humor would help out is all.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

FrankLovesAKs wrote:Thought a little humor would help out is all.
No it won't...................EVER
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

http://www.myspace.com/forcedentryrocks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

FrankLovesAKs wrote:Thought a little humor would help out is all.
I'll help you out, which door did you come in?

AND

Get rid of that piece of shit looking avatar! Richard Simmons? Please, give me a fucking break...

ps: Have a nice weekend!
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...

Return to “Introduction Archive”