Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

wannabe_doc
Tadpole

Introduction

Post by wannabe_doc »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Aaron. I am currently in the process of getting dropped from the United States Army Reserves and am graduating high school in 2009. I have wanted to become an Army Ranger since I was 12 years old. There is no othere choice other than the Army and other than the Rangers. Although my time at my reserve unit was short I learned alot. The Army was exactly like I expected it to be and I absolutely without a doubt love it. It is my reason for being. I am currently seeking a 68W with an option 40.

I saw somebody die in the mall a couple of months back and felt completly helpless and thought that I wanted to be able to do everything in my power to help people if they get hurt. That is how I decided I wanted to be a medic. I have always wanted to be amongst the best and the Rangers is where I feel I belong. Since I decided I wanted to be a Ranger I have tried to soak up as much info as I possibly can so I go in with as much knowledge as possible to be able to make it as a Ranger. The information this site provides is amazing. I have learned as much from reading the forums this past week than I have learned in 5 years of searching elsewhere.

I want to thank you Rangers for taking time out of your lives to help people like me have a better chance at making it to the 75th.... All of us wannabes are truly in debt to you Rangers. Thank you for your service to our country and for helping us on our quest to be the best.
Oblivious to look and word They pass, and see no wonder that lightning, brilliant as a sword should blaze the path of thunder

Ship Date: June 17th 2009
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

wannabe_ranger_doc to: wannabe_doc

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome

It is unacceptablke for you to have Ranger in your name without having been a Ranger.

I am hereby reducing your name to omit the Ranger to: wannabe_doc. It is clearly stated in our FAQ's & during registration that you not include Ranger in your name if you have not achieved that level yet. If after training, you do make Ranger, you can then change your name to include Ranger in it. I am just a PM away.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Fuck Rambo.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site. Why are you getting dropped from the Reserves? Post some PT results.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and best of luck to you in reaching your goals. Be sure to read the ROE PM I am sending you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
wannabe_doc
Tadpole

Post by wannabe_doc »

Roger that Ranger Steadfast,I apologize for the error.

Ranger rgrking I am getting out of my reserve unit because my ship date for BCT was too late for me to make it back to school on time, and it was unable to be changed as all the other slots for juniors in high school had been filled. I should have also added that I haven't yet completed basic or AIT to my intro.

My last PT test at my unit was as follows:
Pushups:54
Situps: 48
2 Mile: 16:24

My last self administered which was on sunday was as follows:
Pushups:63
Situps:58
2 Mile: 15:37

I have really been working to try and get my numbers up and have started a PT group at school for people who are enlisting after high school.

Ranger Bill may I recieve that PM again? My account was changed due to my error and I don't have it anymore. My appologies

Also I would like to ask an admin to move this thread to the DEPs/Civilian intros as I realize I have posted in the wrong spot :oops: . Thank You
Oblivious to look and word They pass, and see no wonder that lightning, brilliant as a sword should blaze the path of thunder

rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

ROE pm Sent.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
wannabe_doc
Tadpole

Post by wannabe_doc »

thank you Ranger rgrking

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Be careful what you wish for, grasshopper..
I saw somebody die in the mall a couple of months back and felt completely helpless
If you make it to the Ranger Regiment as a medic, be assured you will be the best medic you can possibly be. I dare say, one of the best in the Army. That, however, is a very long way from here and now. First, get rid of the thought that you must render aid in every situation where it is required. The best medics (and doctors, for that matter) that I know realize when they can do nothing and seek out more qualified help. You do what you can. I cannot speak for combat conditions never having been, but I see people die every week, sometimes daily, and can do nothing for them. You cannot let this affect you or become emotional about it. If you cannot separate your emotions from the task at hand, then this may not be the job for you.

Yes, the training you will receive will be the best the country has to offer. They will do everything in their power to see if you "have what it takes". Each echelon (basic first aid, 68W school, SOMC..) gets progressively more challenging, and you will be trained by those that have "been there/done that" so it will be very realistic.

I would recommend two things, if I may.

First, work on the PT.. a lot. There are excellent training regimens listed here on the site or use your own. Either way you need to get those scores up. Focus on quality not quantity. You have plenty of time so if you start now, by the time you get to basic you can be a PT stud.

Second, if you can get a job or volunteer as an EMT on a local ambulance squad. If this is not possible, go to the local hospital and ask to volunteer in the ER specifically. Get as much exposure as you can to this kind of thing. You may only be able to watch, but you will see the level of intensity where you must operate and it will expose you to some pretty extreme circumstances. This will give you a better idea if you are right for the job. I have a friend who went to EMT school and worked for only two months before she gave it up for good. She wasn't bad at the job, she just couldn't take the stress of the "life or death" emergencies.

Anyway, welcome and good luck with your endeavors. (as he gets off his soapbox..)
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
wannabe_doc
Tadpole

Post by wannabe_doc »

Thank you Ranger The Sleepy Doc

I am really working on getting those PT numbers up. I was running yesterday and my legs gave out on me, I was so happy.

I will try and get on with a volunteer department and will report back next week with my findings on that.

I have thought about this long and hard and want this more than anything. I fear more than anything messing up when someone gets hurt and not saving them because of my mistake and am still thinking about not signing for 68W for that reason. I believe I second guess myself too much as well. I know I will get emotional it's just a matter of being able to keep it of the field.

I sincerely appreciate you giving me your insight and your words have not fallen upon deaf ears and will be kept in mind.

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I fear more than anything messing up when someone gets hurt and not saving them because of my mistake
That is why it's called "practicing medicine" my friend.. in those situations you will fall back on how you were trained.

No one is infallible. No one.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
wannabe_doc
Tadpole

Post by wannabe_doc »

Ranger The Sleepy Doc I am set up to go on some ride alongs with a fire department in my area and that also lets me go on medical calls too. I am also trying to go to tech for this next school for EMT. I would like to get my EMT B before I ship so it is less to worry about.

I am also going up to MEPS within a week or two to sign my new contract. Just waiting on my release from my reserve unit, I have already been released from the DEP.

Also if any 68W DEPs would PM me their ship dates I would like to get the same ship as one of you.

CavMedic
Embryo

Post by CavMedic »

Welcome, you have any questions about 68-W school or anything, drop me a PM.
8/89-1/91-11M,B co. 3/15 Inf,24th I.D.
1/91 To 7/07-Break In Service
7/07 To Present-Line Medic, A Trp. 1/61 Cav.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

CavMedic wrote:Welcome, you have any questions about 68-W school or anything, drop me a PM.
Thank you for your kind offer, CavMedic, but you are a guest in our home. Please don't dispense advice; that role is reserved for our own Ranger Medics -- and they do a fine job, if I may say so. Please don't abuse our hospitality.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CavMedic
Embryo

Post by CavMedic »

Duly noted and understood.

My apologies.
8/89-1/91-11M,B co. 3/15 Inf,24th I.D.
1/91 To 7/07-Break In Service
7/07 To Present-Line Medic, A Trp. 1/61 Cav.

Return to “Introduction Archive”