Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

NS17IL
Tadpole

Intro

Post by NS17IL »

Hello everyone, recently found this forum while looking and reading all I could about being a Ranger. I enlisted about four weeks ago and have Airborne and Ranger school in my contract. I don't leave until July and am in a hurry to get started. I am running and working out to get in shape. Most of all I joined this forum to gain knowledge, to do the best that I can do in Ranger school. If anyone has any knowlege, tips, or words of wisdom, good or bad they would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks for the help and info.
Nathan
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

First of all, you didn't get Ranger School in your enlistment contract regardless what your recruiter told you. What you may have gotten is a Ranger option contract. Do a search on here and you will find all the answers you need specific to what you have gotten yourself into. Someone will be along shortly to square you away.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
NS17IL
Tadpole

A little more about myself

Post by NS17IL »

I noticed that I might not have given enough information about myself. I am goign to be a 68W and leave July 25,2008 . I am 19, when I leave I will be 20. I am currently at a local community college and am a High School lacrosse coach.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

Hi
It's all good.
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome to the site Nathan.

PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to serve our country as a Ranger medic. Post the results of self-administered PT test and include chin-ups. Be sure to read the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RANGER513
Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by RANGER513 »

NS17IL wrote:Hello everyone, recently found this forum while looking and reading all I could about being a Ranger. I enlisted about four weeks ago and have Airborne and Ranger school in my contract. I don't leave until July and am in a hurry to get started. I am running and working out to get in shape. Most of all I joined this forum to gain knowledge, to do the best that I can do in Ranger school. If anyone has any knowlege, tips, or words of wisdom, good or bad they would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks for the help and info.
Nathan
NS1QRZ875TVW....what the fuck ever,

You hail from the great State of Illinois, so unfuck yourself ASAP, young man.

You are NOT going to Ranger School after Airborne School. Sorry. Either your mistaken, or your recuiter is the best damn used car salesman around.

You failed to post any type of PT scores. " Running and working out to get into shape " isn't gonna cut it.

READ more, post less.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site. I see you've already met my cheery Brothers! I hope you find the answers you were looking for.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details you can learn a lot here to help you on your journey!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: A little more about myself

Post by Bugsy »

Scuba Wino wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:For any specific questions PM ScubaWino. He knows everything. Tell him I sent you.
......when I am nice, everyone worries.

Now, as for PM'ing me, do SO EACH AND EVERY FUCKIN DAY!!!.

Welcome to the site.

SW
Don't pay no attention to his first post stud, he really does love people.......though he scared the crap outta me for "actin" like he was bein nice.

Now go run along now, and PM this Ranger cause he just loves new recruits.

All shit and giggles aside you've embarked on a Man's journey, a Man you will become but the question is what kind of Man do you want to be.

Keep your head up in the months ahead, remember when you're gettin tired, buddy of yours tells you to quit cause he heard this or that. You're gettin smoked and you think NOBODY IN THE WORLD CAN SURVIVE THIS SHIT..........WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO.

REMEMBER....THAT IT IS IN FACT WORTH IT!!! AND IF ANYBODY DID IT BEFORE ME I SURE AS SHIT CAN MYSELF!!!

What is required of you in the future will test your WILL POWER and your SPIRIT. We as former and Active Duty Rangers hope in spite of some of the challenges and physical and mental mud sliggin that will "CERTAINLY" occur hope you will not quit, but stand by your vision and objective of where you believe you belong.

Simply put, to become the best damn soldier that ever walked the earth, it can be accomplished but it will not if you do not prepare for the road ahead for it will NOT BE EASY. Many have tried yet few have achieved the honor and distinction of becoming a bonafide UNITED STATES ARMY RANGER.

Do us proud not for only for our Country, or your family, girlfriend etc.......DO IT BECAUSE YOU WANT IT AND WILL NOT SIT BY IDLE LIKE UNTIL YOU DO!!!

HARD WORK!!!

and when its all said and done come on back and be one of the soldiers who are proud to attest that you in fact passed the test to become one of our Nations best.

Good luck to ya stud.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Where at in Illinois?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Re: A little more about myself

Post by SkyShark »

Scuba Wino wrote:
Zonk 1/75 wrote:For any specific questions PM ScubaWino. He knows everything. Tell him I sent you.
This, THIS] is why I stopped coming to the intro boards, that ans I can't be nice. And when I am nice, everyone worries.

Son, you did not get Ranger school in your contract. You got the opportunity to attned Ranger School if you meet and pass all other qual's.

I know this is new to you, and your apprehensive, but unfuck yourself and read. Read, read, read.

Now, as for PM'ing me, do NOT. You need to PM EarthPig. He handles all of the newbies. He's a great guy, you'll like him and he has a ton of knowledge to offer to you.

Welcome to the site.

SW
You know your old when you start calling DEP's Son. :lol: :lol:
It's all good.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Follow the directions I gave you in the PM I sent.

Post your results by 1700 hours on Monday the 25th.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Introduction Archive”