Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Klunk
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Klunk »

Hi, my name is Dan, I'm 19 years old and just finished with my first year of college. First off, I'd like to pay my respects to all of America's servicemen and women; Thank you for you contribution to protecting life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Currently I am working in a cubicle as an intern for the summer until my next year of school starts sometime in late August.

Throughout my life I've always to members of the armed forces as role models you might say. I've always had high respects for them. My first influence was my uncle. He served three tours in the Navy in Vietnam flying planes off aircraft carriers.

My second influence was a neighbor of mine. He was an old man, in his late 80s who served in WWII as a Tank Driver and Paratrooper. He was in the 11th airborne division and dropped into Tokyo after the bomb was dropped. He also fought in Korea, and as a captain, commanded one of the first all African American squads of WWII. Sadly, he recently passed away a few years ago on Halloween, his favorite holiday.

What sparked my intentions to join the military was the fact that my uncle and neighbor did some incredible things, and were generous enough to tell me about them. I want to do something important with my life. I don't want to be behind a desk doing useless bullshit that I will never see the results of. I want to do something exciting. I want to be able to look back on my service and be able to say, "I led one of the first all African American squads into combat," not "I filed 100 TPS reports for some boring ass company."
Klunk
Embryo

Re: Introduction

Post by Klunk »

Klunk wrote: Throughout my life I've always to members of the armed forces as role models you might say.
*always had respect for
Glass Cannon
Tadpole

Post by Glass Cannon »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.

PM inbound.
Ship date: 20071017

Ranger Invictus's Mentee
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

42's the upper age limit for initial enlistment. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome to the site and thanks for your interest in Army Rangers.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Klunk
Embryo

Post by Klunk »

Thank you Ranger Cliv03, Ranger Jim, and Ranger Bill. I appreciate being part of your online community.
Klunk
Embryo

Post by Klunk »

I forgot to include something:

After reading many of the other introductions. I noticed many people were posting their PT scores. I have just started a PT regimen within the last week, as I have been far too busy to do so in the past year due to school, job, etc.
I don't want to post my PT scores just yet because they are somewhat embarrassing. I am also going to find out how to do a proper Army push-up, sit-up, and pull-up.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Klunk wrote:I forgot to include something:

After reading many of the other introductions. I noticed many people were posting their PT scores. I have just started a PT regimen within the last week, as I have been far too busy to do so in the past year due to school, job, etc.
I don't want to post my PT scores just yet because they are somewhat embarrassing. I am also going to find out how to do a proper Army push-up, sit-up, and pull-up.
What would be far MORE embarrasing would be for you to hide your scores from us (who are most able to help you before you ship out) until it's too late and then BOLO your RIP PT test.

Posting your first scores are a step forward in the right direction and with continued training will be your best gauge to track your progress towards your ultimate goal.

OBTW, welcome and thanks for your desire to make a diference in your life and serve our great country with the best of the very best.
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

So what are you planning on doing about those "intentions" of yours?
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your decisions.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

GoardHeart wrote:So what are you planning on doing about those "intentions" of yours?
If you don't mind I'd like to caveat your question Sir, with just a few more.

Have you been or are you currently in contact with a recruiter?

What sort of opportunity are you looking for in the Army?

Have you considered ROTC at your university?

I await your respones.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Klunk
Embryo

Post by Klunk »

Ranger j.rico and Ranger GoardHeart,

I am not in contact with a recruiter as I am out of town for the summer. I am returning home on the 17th however.

As far as opportunities in the Army go, I am still in the process of figuring that out. Currently I do want to join the Rangers. Or maybe the U.S. Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command. currently I have a co-worker who was part of Civil Affairs in Iraq and he said it was a very satisfying job. he helped restore electricity, water, etc to poor neighborhoods in Iraq.

As far as ROTC goes, I actually have started to consider that as an option for my schooling. I'm currently a mechanical engineering major, but I'm starting to doubt whether I made the right choice. Plus, I was told that you make more money when you join the Army if you've been through ROTC, correct?

As far as my PT goes Ranger Dafid and Ranger RTO, I haven't exercised consistently for some time. back in 9th grade I could do 100 situps and 50 pushups. Now I can only do 25 pushups and 50 situps. Its pretty pathetic, but a couple days ago I could only do 25 situps, so at least I'm making progress.

I only lifted some weights yesterday because my armpits still hurt from doing the push ups the day before. I also did some squats yesterday. It was kind of funny. I had never done squats before, so I decided I'd go until my legs got tired, and they did after about 30 squats. Later, I went to the fridge to get a beer, and I bend down to get it, and my right leg gives out. I nearly busted my ass.

So today I plan to just do push ups and sit ups because my legs are still weak right now. I hope this gives you guys a better idea of where I'm at physically and mentally.

Return to “Introduction Archive”