Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Klunk
Embryo

Post by Klunk »

I don't have a trick knee. I said I did one too many squats, and then the next time I used those same muscles, they almost gave out because they had been overworked, thats all. I mean no disrespect, but am I to assume that you never drank before you were 21? Also, I looked through the Army Medical handbook, and while one kidney is disqualifying, I believe I could get a waiver for it.
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

j.rico wrote:
GoardHeart wrote:So what are you planning on doing about those "intentions" of yours?
If you don't mind I'd like to caveat your question Sir, with just a few more.

Have you been or are you currently in contact with a recruiter?

What sort of opportunity are you looking for in the Army?

Have you considered ROTC at your university?

I await your respones.
Well put j.rico.

Alright dude-
First. It may not say "Ranger" underneath ProudAFDad's name but I sensed a little bit of attitude in your response to him. So squash that shit right now. He served you didn't. Here he has earned that respect.
Second. WTF! What's your HT/WT? It sounds like your a fat fuck who is lazy and out of shape. 25 PU huh? That's about a 1/4 of where a 19 year old who wants to be a Ranger should be. What's your run time like? Other than having some personal heroes who served what is your motivation to join the Army? And yes, officers make more money than some of the enlisted ranks. But its not about money. It all sucks. Go find the "Gold Bar" recruiter at your school in the fall and talk with im/her. They can answer some of your questions about ROTC. Or shoot me a PM.
Third. One kidney. OK. Has it ever given you a problem before? Have you ever been held back in high school sports (did you even play or did you spend your time playing hackey sack and smoking "dro") or has it held you back from any other kind of physical activity? No? OK. Then you uh... don't tell them. I'll bet you a good portion of the Rangers on this site probably didn't fit in exactly according to the Army's medical history standards. But they found a way. Now there is a difference between a debilitating condition and not telling someone that you broke a leg or had a couple concussions. You get my drift.
Awaiting your response.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
Klunk
Embryo

Post by Klunk »

GoardHeart wrote: First. It may not say "Ranger" underneath ProudAFDad's name but I sensed a little bit of attitude in your response to him. So squash that shit right now. He served you didn't. Here he has earned that respect.
I truly meant no disrespect.
GoardHeart wrote:
Second. WTF! What's your HT/WT? It sounds like your a fat fuck who is lazy and out of shape. 25 PU huh? That's about a 1/4 of where a 19 year old who wants to be a Ranger should be. What's your run time like?
I am certainly out of shape, but I've started exercising again, and will be hitting the gym regularly when I get home. I haven't had a chance to run this summer. I've been exercising consistently for the past week or so now, and my push ups should be up a bit. I'll see how many more I can do tonight and post them tomorrow.
GoardHeart wrote: Other than having some personal heroes who served what is your motivation to join the Army? And yes, officers make more money than some of the enlisted ranks. But its not about money.
I want to join the army because I don't want to be sitting in an office for the rest of my life. I feel like I need to do something that is important and honorable. I want to be able to look back at what I did and see accomplishments and results.
GoardHeart wrote: Third. One kidney. OK. Has it ever given you a problem before? Have you ever been held back in high school sports (did you even play or did you spend your time playing hackey sack and smoking "dro") or has it held you back from any other kind of physical activity? No? OK. Then you uh... don't tell them.
But won't they find out when they pick up my medical history from my doc?
GoardHeart wrote: I'll bet you a good portion of the Rangers on this site probably didn't fit in exactly according to the Army's medical history standards. But they found a way. Now there is a difference between a debilitating condition and not telling someone that you broke a leg or had a couple concussions. You get my drift.
Awaiting your response.
Thank you for the info Ranger GoardHeart.
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

Nope. When I did the DODMERB thing the only reason they wanted to see anyones records was if there was something in question. You fill out a medical history questionaire. At least that's the way I did it.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome and good luck!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Klunk
Embryo

Post by Klunk »

I'm going to talk to the Colonel who runs ROTC tomorrow at my school to see about joining, Over the summer I made the mistake of smoking weed, will that get me disqualified from joining ROTC and eventually the military?
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

It depends. Bill Clinton became the President of the United States of America after smoking weed, but then again he didn't inhale. :roll:
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

RTO wrote:It depends. Bill Clinton became the President of the United States of America after smoking weed,
but then again he didn't inhale. :roll:
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Welcome and good luck.

Piece of advise.... Shhhhhh listen and read.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
CWeber
Ranger

Post by CWeber »

My name is Dan, I'm 19 years old and just finished with my first year of college. I'm currently working in a cubicle filling out tps reports for some unimportant company.
The reason I want to know about washout rates is because I feel like I should NOT just ignore information that I don't want to hear. I simply want to know, statistically, my chances for success, and I am by no means a quitter.

Whats the matter, your not going to ask us about wash out rates? Its a small world.
B. Co. 3/75 92-94
Wpns Plt.
RS 10/93

-Only dead fish follow the stream-
Klunk
Embryo

Post by Klunk »

CWeber wrote: Whats the matter, your not going to ask us about wash out rates? Its a small world.
Heh, what I can't ask questions on more than one forum? But I've got good news to report guys, I'm now an Enrolled Cadet in Army ROTC at my school. The program consists of PT at 0600 three days a week, as well as a couple classes, and drills every weekend. So far its a lot of fun, there are some cool people I've met so far.

We did a 2 mile run today, I don't know how long it took, but I could use some work on running that's for sure, I nearly threw up. We also did pushup and situp form. My situps are good but I need to work on my pushup form.

Return to “Introduction Archive”