Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

mcg26b wrote:pt test score - two miles in 15 00, pushups - 35, sit ups 50. Right now its nothing too impressive, but I have all summer to get in shape

You can start by laying off the Ho-Ho's, fat ass.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming an Army Ranger.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

mcg26b wrote:pt test score - two miles in 15 00, pushups - 35, sit ups 50. Right now its nothing too impressive, but I have all summer to get in shape
uh, how bout pathetic.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

WOW :shock: :shock:

What shape do you plan on being at the end of the summer? a pear? as you are probably a tomatoe right now. My 5 year old can smoke your ass in PT right now. No seriously, he can.

You may need to call Richard Simmons in for some help or something.

People here can help you but come on, you have got to try harder. Focus on the run first, strengthening hip flexors will help your sit-ups. For the push up thing, uh maybe you should eat some spinach. I have never seen a 2 minute PU score more pathetic.

Good luck, I am thinking you will need it.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Bugsy »

mcg26b wrote:Hi Rangers, my name is Mike and I am finishing up my first year of college. Some hobbies of mine include playing lacrosse, guitar, and running.
You know my 1st impression when I read your intro I thought............

Hmmmm, this sounds like a lonely heart intro to some online dating site. :shock:

Well young padwan, this aint' no datin site, your PT STATS SUCK but pull your boot straps up and drive on and do what you have to do.

Even if you don't join the service and obtain an OPT40 contract you sure as hell need to get in shape. 19 years old and can only do 35 pushups is shamefull IMO. But you keep at it. Keep your mouth shut, use the search button often and.......

WELCOME TO ARMYRANGER.COM!!!! :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

All Summer?? Try the rest of the decade.....

Please tell me.... with that run time you only have one good leg...
And 35 push ups? WTF? My female yellow lab (yes my friggin dog) can do 35 push ups...and the only reason she stops is boredome.

I hate to be the one to smack you upside da head with a Clue Stick...but my 15 year non-working out, drink a 12 pack for exercise every night, 2 pack a day smoking ass could out run you BACKWARDS....

...as a matter of fact, we just had a guy in Tarpon Springs Florida (and this is no bullshit) that got pulled over for driving on a revoked license, he took off from the scene and he eluded the cops for 3 days....he had no arms and only one leg...AND HE COULD OUT RUN YOU!!!!! (and me)

and you think you can fix that this summer? Well...ok then... good luck...There are several very good posts here with regiments that will increase your ability...Give yourself a PT test every 2 weeks and post the results here......lets see the improvement...Go for it!!!

Oh yeah..Welcome....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Parkie
Ranger

Post by Parkie »

Welcome.

Not to add anymore salt to your open wound, but what is your height and weight? Are you a short fat fuck or a tall fat fuck, or maybe even a really skinny no muscle out of breath fuck, but then you would probably have more sit-ups.

Definitely start your very long summer running. It will do you the most good.
03-99 RS
99-00 3-6 CAV (Korea)
00-02 3-6 FA, 10th Mtn (Kosovo)
02-05 3-62 FA & 1-5 CAV, 1st CAV (Iraq)

"Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely." Rodin (1840-1919)
mcg26b
Embryo

Post by mcg26b »

Ranger Parkie, I am 6.0 and about 170. When doing the pushups and situps, I just did as many as I could without stopping, not realizing that I had two full minutes to do this. It most likely would not have drastically changed my results if I had taken two minutes to do this, but my numbers would have been slightly higher. I will post again in a week, after testing myself again.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

mcg26b wrote:Ranger Parkie, I am 6.0 and about 170. When doing the pushups and situps, I just did as many as I could without stopping, not realizing that I had two full minutes to do this. It most likely would not have drastically changed my results if I had taken two minutes to do this, but my numbers would have been slightly higher. I will post again in a week, after testing myself again.
Paying attention to details will get you far, i.e. the run distance is only 2 miles not 3, so your run time was probably a lot better as well. :twisted:
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Charlie 51 wrote:
WOW :shock: :shock:

What shape do you plan on being at the end of the summer? a pear? as you are probably a tomatoe right now. My 5 year old can smoke your ass in PT right now. No seriously, he can.

You may need to call Richard Simmons in for some help or something.

People here can help you but come on, you have got to try harder. Focus on the run first, strengthening hip flexors will help your sit-ups. For the push up thing, uh maybe you should eat some spinach. I have never seen a 2 minute PU score more pathetic.

Good luck, I am thinking you will need it.

Classic!!!!!! Bravo57 walks away laughing and mumbling something about pears and tomatoes
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

intro

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

I have not had so much fun since the pigs ate Granpa.
Blood on the risers again??
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome. 3 miles in 15 minutes? Not bad but what's your 3 1/2 mile time?

And what's your 5 mile time?
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
mcg26b
Embryo

Post by mcg26b »

Ranger Chiron, I ran two miles, not three. I am not sure why Ranger Rangerguru thinks I ran three miles. Sorry for the confusion.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

mcg26b wrote:Ranger Chiron, I ran two miles, not three. I am not sure why Ranger Rangerguru thinks I ran three miles. Sorry for the confusion.
I thought it must have been a three mile time with as slow as it is. my bad, your fault.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "

Return to “Introduction Archive”