Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Flannel
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Flannel »

Hello Rangers,

My name is Joe. I'm 23, from southwest Virginia, and about to graduate college with a degree in Economics and a minor in Geology. I've been giving a lot of thought to what I want to do with my life in the upcoming years, and I think I want to enlist, and I sure as shit know if I enlist, I'll be going Option 40 to become a Ranger.

One of the main things holding me back from knowing I want to enlist is I do have a medical disqualifier, but I'll save that story for my next post, and in the proper forum.

I joined the site to try and get some information about my disqualifier (I can't find any specific cases about it being waivable or not anywhere, even a Google search), and find out more about the 13F MOS.

I'm in reasonable physical shape right now, but obviously have room for improvement, and will need to improve before I get to RIP. I climb two nights a week in a gym, and usually on weekends make it outside somewhere. I ran for the first time in about 10 months, and my two mile run time was 13:24. I've started running and swimming twice a week, and will amp it up as time permits.

Unfortunately my abs are a joke, and 35 flutter kicks is all I can manage right now. Pushups are ~60, depending on when I do them, and pullups are at least 15. I haven't done chinups yet, but I feel like I'll be ok there due to climbing, and it's just flipping my grip from outwards to inwards. I don't have a set training regiment yet, but I do flutter kicks and pushups throughout the day.

Thank you Rangers for providing this forum for people like me to have their questions answered, and for keeping the people in the country safe.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome Joe.
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

Welcome to the site. Good luck on your mission. The only way to get better at situps is more situps.
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

You'll find all the answers to your questions on how to improve by using the search button on this site.

The intro left a good impression - don't ruin it.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Welcome to the site... and I second what Ranger Matador said...

search is your friend... so are the FAQ's and Stickies...

Again, welcome and thank you for your desire to serve. But, before you go for it, you better KNOW it's what you want, not what you THINK you want.

RLTW!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

GSXRanger wrote:Welcome to the site... and I second what Ranger Matador275 said...

search is your friend... so are the FAQ's and Stickies...

Again, welcome and thank you for your desire to serve. But, before you go for it, you better KNOW it's what you want, not what you THINK you want.

RLTW!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Flannel
Embryo

Post by Flannel »

Thank you for the welcome Rangers RTO, Rangerguru, Matador275, and GSXRanger.

And believe me Ranger GSXRanger, if I join, it will be because it's what I want, and I won't halfass it or waste someone else's Option 40 slot.

I also threw up a post about my disqualifier if any of you have the inclination to read it. It's actually not too exciting...I can't smell. :oops:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Flannel wrote:I also up a post about my disqualifier if any of you have the inclination to read it. It's actually not too exciting...I can't smell. :oops:
Well, that will be a blessing when your buddies start downing those MREs! The methane won't bother you a bit!

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your decisions.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Charlie 51 »

Flannel wrote:Hello Rangers,

I joined the site to try and get some information about my disqualifier (I can't find any specific cases about it being waivable or not anywhere, even a Google search), and find out more about the 13F MOS.
Bravo 57 should be along shortly to great you as only he can. He is the resident God of 13F. If you are really nice to him, and keep your arms and feet inside the vehicle at all times, I am sure he will square you away. If not you will get a customary FUCK OFF!!!

Welcome
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Good intro. Welcome to the site.

Things you need to know about being a 13F.

1) You always carry a radio
2) You always carry a radio
3) You always carry a radio
4) You better be able to hump your ruck and keep up with or ahead of the pack.

For specific questions, feel free to find the appropiate area, post your questions and then PM me.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome and good luck!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Flannel
Embryo

Post by Flannel »

While I would probably bitch about an "Atomic Situp" Ranger Cliv03, it would mainly be out of the general principle of the thing. I don't ever plan on being in a position to recieve a "Dirty Sanchez", but I guess I'll cross that bridge if I'm forced to. And I do mean forced. :lol:

Return to “Introduction Archive”