Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

HitmanBZ
Embryo

Intro

Post by HitmanBZ »

Hello Rangers, SF operatives and community. My name is Tony and im an 18 year old hs dropout. I'm not going to beat around the bush just be straight forward from where I'm coming from and what my goals are now. I F'd up I know it and realize it now and I'm going to do everything possible to fix myself. I scored a 50 on the ASVAB and I was going to do the GED + program and enlist but I'm not sure if i qualify for Ranger Battalion where my desire lies. So now im facing 'hop on the bandwagon' and pick a w/e job and do it for 2-3 years then go to college and try and make something of myself.

Or I could take the neccessary steps to reaching my goal. Wich would be take classes to get my GED then once I pass that enrolling into a community college and juggling a job and intense daily pt for what I'm thinking to be 6 months to a year. I guess I'm just trying to put it out there and let everyone know that I have the drive and i'm willing to do what it takes just that I want to make sure that it wont be in vein. I would hate to go through all this and to get dicked over on some technicallity. I mean I know this is good to do it shows intitiative and well only benefit me in the end but to me, whats the point if I can't obtain my gauntlet?

Well thanks again for taking the time to read my post and any input you have would be highly valued and appreciated. constructive cirticizm and all and I know yall (im a texan) wont hesitate.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

get yer schoolin done. go read the recruiting section.

welcome.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Well, Texan....I kinda favor them for some reason...you did fuck up and a 50 on the ASVAB pretty much qualifies you to be a Rock with Lips and to operate a butter knife....thats about it. You dont come across as dumber than shit but verbage can be deceptive.

Were it me, Id go back to school and get a real diploma. Further, Id retake the ASVAB so I could get what it was I wanted. In short, I think your tryen to short cut life and call it what you want, short cutting life just means you will be trying to shortcut it from now on. And the truth. That wont cut it in the Rangers and it wont cut it in life.

Pull your head out of your ass, get it done right or dont bother.

That true enough for you?
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
HitmanBZ
Embryo

Post by HitmanBZ »

Thank you for the quick and to the point responces. Well I could go back to HS and deal with all the bs again but between the school going through 2 different principals and basically a whole new staff including teachers and deans and my own mistakes I hardly have freshmen credits and I had Junior classes. It's a cluster fuck and Im passed that. To be honest I was trying to short cut through life but I am sincerally trying to do what I can to resolve it now. If I went back I would be facing atleast 3 more years and to resist the urge to strangle half the people around me.

I figure I have these cards dealt to me and why not throw away the shitty ones and pick up a new set? If that make any sense haha. Im just trying to get the ball rolling for myself with something plausible. Heh And I will definately retake the ASVAB after I get some knowledge under my belt. I have always been a fan of "If youre not going to do it right, Why bother at all?" but honestly my HS career was nuts to say the least and god forbid some unforeseen circumstance pops up and I get boned again I am trying to avoid putting myself in the same situation so that I can make sure It won't. I'm planning on going through with this and I am actually going to be moving out of state and away from all the chaos that surrounds me to get my head straight and shit together if that helps you understand what I am trying to accomplish.
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Life is different these days regarding a HS diplona. If you get one, it really doesn't mean shit.

If you don't get one, you will be fucked in so many ways the rest of your life.

Admitting you fucked up doesn't mean shit. Admitting it + fixing that fuckup is what will be the foundation for a successful life.

Best of luck
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Well I could go back to HS and deal with all the bs again but between the school going through 2 different principals and basically a whole new staff including teachers and deans and my own mistakes I hardly have freshmen credits and I had Junior classes. It's a cluster fuck and Im passed that.
Not sure where you are in Texas but there are dozens of schools that do NOT require attendance at a high school per se. Some do night equivelant teaching. Profound in your comment that it's a cluster fuck however,...you have to start somewhere. Ever thought about the Marines?

I understood your intent to begin with. Your trying to deal with life on your own terms. You can believe that every Ranger on here does it every day. HOwever, the one thing we do know is....most of the time you have to face the demons and deal with the sins. You can run but you can't hide. Regardless, read on, drive on, do well. As it stands now, be a hard road for you to do The Rangers or SF. Like I said, ever think about the Marines? Sometimes they don't follow the book and if fighting is in your brain...noone here will bad mouth a Marine with seriousness. They fight, they fight damned well.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. You have made a tough job tougher for yourself no matter what the reasons. You cannot change the past, but you can make a future.

Check with the Adult Education Department in the school district where your are or will be. You will not be in classes with a bunch of young kids. Your best shot is to get a high school diploma, not a GED. Invest a year or two now and it will be of huge benefit for the next 60 or more years of your life.

You seem intelligent, but just do not have the "book smarts" that come from schooling that you need to score well on the tests. It may not be possible to get your score up from 50 to where it needs to be get get an Option 40 contract in a six month GED program.

You say you have the attitude, so prove it to yourself. There are men in their late 20s and 30s who enlist for the first time and become Rangers. You can make it happen before you are 21. Do not waste your opportunity a second time.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
HitmanBZ
Embryo

Post by HitmanBZ »

Actually that was my original thought. I PT'd with them for a while but for the same reasons they didn't seem really interested. It is very possible I could squeak by with a GED and with my current score on the ASVAB. But I was thinking why not go all the way and possibly one day acheive the title of Ranger? And where im probablly heading they offer adults a high school diploma program requiring only 20 credits to acheive so the more I dig the more goodies i find :). Metaphorically speaking I dug my own grave and now I'm finding my burried treasure arrrgg! So that means I could theoritcally get my Diploma, some college and get as mentally and physically prepared. I need to make some phone calls and send out some emails and find this out for sure but if its possible im balls in.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

HitmanBZ wrote:Actually that was my original thought. I PT'd with them for a while but for the same reasons they didn't seem really interested. It is very possible I could squeak by with a GED and with my current score on the ASVAB. But I was thinking why not go all the way and possibly one day acheive the title of Ranger? And where im probablly heading they offer adults a high school diploma program requiring only 20 credits to acheive so the more I dig the more goodies i find :). Metaphorically speaking I dug my own grave and now I'm finding my burried treasure arrrgg! So that means I could theoritcally get my Diploma, some college and get as mentally and physically prepared. I need to make some phone calls and send out some emails and find this out for sure but if its possible im balls in.
In the past it has been necessary to have in a addition to the GED about 15 College credits too. So as Pastor, Ranger Bill and others have voiced it behooves yiew to get your HS diploma to avoid complications that arise because of a GED. Rangers are not just braun but the smartest soldiers too.

If yiew just want to get a GED & no college credits, then no Rangers for you. Get it?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.

You need to read the FAQ's and all the announcements and stickies at the top of each forum so you understand whats expected of you here.

Use the search button.

Make sure you get an avatar.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. If you have any opportunity to get a real HS diploma, TAKE IT. GED will get you by, plenty of people have pulled themselves up by their boot straps and been extremly successful with a GED. Hell. plenty of people have been extremly successful with out any GED or HS diploma. But WHY take that kind of risk/chance? Why?

IMHO, you need to lay a foundation for future success. Go back to HS and get that diploma. Move out smartly from there. The Army will still be here, abnd you will have a much better chance for ANY future goals and dreams with that diploma in your hand.

Good luck to you!
HitmanBZ
Embryo

Post by HitmanBZ »

Thanks again to all the Rangers and community for the advice. But I was under the impression that an Adult HS diploma is the same as a HS diploma?
If not then I will take the neccessary steps to get my adult diploma or GED and the required college credit hours to get my chance at the Ranger Battalion.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

READ THE FAQ's, MEATHEAD.

Do not post until you understand how to address members of this board, what the rules and regulations are and what a search button is.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

It is entirely up to you. You can do whatever you want to. Just Do It!!!!
Good luck!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537