introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jamel
Embryo

introduction

Post by Jamel »

Hi, my name is Jamel and I'm 17 years old, I'm a junior in highschool and plan to enter DEP by 2007. I plan to try out for Rangers in the future when I join.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Jamel

Post by Steadfast »

WELCOME

Since ya got pleanty of time make good use of the SEARCH feature - yiew will learn much young padawan.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. Sit down. Shut up. And hang on :D
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Welcome Jamel.

You can try out for the cheerleaders or drill team, but you can't fucken ftry out for the Rangers. Its not a contest. You either make it, or you don't.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome, young man.

Before you hit send again - one of the other youngsters will be along to square you away.

Until then - think about this question. Why does a 17 year-old want to join the Army during a period of time when our Nation is at war? Don't answer until you've received a PM from a DEP. And don't forget to answer after that.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Jamel
Embryo

Post by Jamel »

Ranger Luna wrote:Welcome Jamel.

You can try out for the cheerleaders or drill team, but you can't fucken ftry out for the Rangers. Its not a contest. You either make it, or you don't.
I wasn't referring to it as a contest. What I meant by "tryout" is making it through thr training and earning the Beret and tab.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Jamel wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:Welcome Jamel.

I wasn't referring to it as a contest. What I meant by "tryout" is making it through thr training and earning the Beret and tab.
Jamel,
Please take a knee and listen to what I'm going to tell you:

You have only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are at best marginal. Let me tell you what to do to improve your chances for remaining here. Read all the FAQs, stickies and selected threads. The search button will enable you to find a large amount of information. We have been here for several years, so almost every question has been answered at least once. The search button is your friend -- I'm not. fight the urge to hit the submit button. We do not give frequent flyer points. You have a couple years before you enter active duty and you need to prepare yourself if you expect to succeed. The DEPs will take you under their wings and assist you as you learn your way around. Almost all the Rangers on this site are here to ensure that you have the information needed to prepare yourself for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. In the final analysis, of course, success or failure are as a result of your efforts.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Foozbat
Ranger

Post by Foozbat »

PM inbound Jamel.

Welcome.
Bco 3/75 April 2007 - June 2011, April 2013 - October 2014
HHC 3/75 June 2011 - April 2013
PL, Aco 1-15 IN, 3rd BDE, 3rd ID
RS Class 05-10
Fishboy
Ranger

Post by Fishboy »

welcome youngling..............
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

If you are serious about serving in our beloved Regiment then you better start thinking Option 40. It's next to impossible, especially now, to do it when you are active in another unit.
42L5V wrote: Why does a 17 year-old want to join the Army during a period of time when our Nation is at war?
It's something to really think about. Don't waste the government's money by going in and then becoming a piece of chicken in the rain.
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Welcome
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming a Ranger.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

42L5V wrote:Before you hit send again - one of the other youngsters will be along to square you away.... Don't answer until you've received a PM from a DEP. And don't forget to answer after that.
Okay retard. How about listening to WTF I'm saying this time.

Your intro was weak, but most are. Ranger Steadfast told you to make use of the search button. Ranger RTO told you to sit down, shut up and hang on. I told you to think about answering a question before you hit send again and you followed that instruction for all of 9 fucking minutes. Not only did you totally ignore what I said, you addressed Ranger Luna like he was your best friend or some shit. No big deal - he was only in Ranger Regiment about the time you were sliding down the birth canal.

If you cannot follow simple instructions on this board - you do not have what it takes to be successful in "today's modern Army" much less an elite unit.

Read the FAQ, the rules, the stickies before you post again. I'm going to cut you a break - once. That is only because the DEPs were slow in sending you a PM and getting you straight. The next fuck up and I'll refer you to the Tidy Bowl Man... by the way, he's Ranger Luna who you totally disrespected with your flippant answer. My 17 year old son doesn't talk to me that way - you're not gonna either.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Jamel
Embryo

Post by Jamel »

Ranger 42L5V, I didn't mean come off as disrespecting Ranger Luna and it won't happen again. The reason I posted again was because I missed your post and didn't see it until after I posted and I couldn't delete it.

Return to “Introduction Archive”