Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Buckmark
Embryo

Intro

Post by Buckmark »

Hello Sirs, my name is Chris. I just finished my first year of college, where I run Cross-Country and Track.

I intended to go the ROTC route and branch Infantry but after a year of college, I have come to the realization that the role of an officer is one for which I am ill-suited. I plan on enlisting with an Option 40 this summer and look forward to learning as much as I can about what I must do in order to prepare myself for challenges ahead.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Welcome.

What exactly is the role of an officer anyhow? :?
RSD 96-99
Buckmark
Embryo

Post by Buckmark »

Nobody gives a shit how fast you run your mile in. The Army isn't going to hire you to be a track star, body builder, or kung fu master. So make sure you are well rounded physically before you go down this path. It does you no good to be the fastest dude out there if you cant even pull your own body weight (with body armor on) through a window, or carry your buddy and his body armor.
Ranger Tenn-RGR, I apologize if my username made it appear as if I felt like I am entitled to succeed in the Army. I no this is not the case, thankyou for encouraging me to be a well rounded athlete. I have been doing pt daily in an attempt to get into the shape I need to be in. I will change my username in order to avoid such an impression in the future.
And dont fucking call me or any other Ranger a "Sir". Unless they were/are comissioned officers. Got it? Don't fuck it up again.
We'll see how long you last.
Yes Ranger Tenn-RGR, I understand. I apologize, I meant nothing but respect by it. Thankyou for educating me on who to adress as "Sir" within the Army. It will not happen again.
Buckmark
Embryo

Post by Buckmark »

What exactly is the role of an officer anyhow?
Ranger Vee, by that I just meant that I would better serve my country if I carried out a plan rather than organizing one.

Also, my primary goal is to serve as infantry and, hopefully, a Ranger. I can always go green to gold and the experience as an enlisted soldier will only help. But my best chance of being an Army Ranger is to enlist.
I will change my username in order to avoid such an impression in the future
Ranger Tenn-RGR, I attempted to change my username yet it appears that attempt has been unsuccessful. I will continue to try to change it to something that doesn't make it appear as if I feel entitled to anything.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Good answers so far.

What do you want your name changed to?
RSD 96-99
Buckmark
Embryo

Post by Buckmark »

Ranger Vee, would the name "Buckmark" be suitable? If it is taken, any addition of numbers is fine by me. But really, any name is suitable, as long as I don't offend any Veterans.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Who said we have to beat up all the shmatkids :lol:

Glad you paid the fuck attention.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

Don't assume that you can "always" go back and do something. Green to Gold scholarships are very competetive plus your life might not dictate going back to school. There is nothing wrong with enlisting, NCO's are the backbone of the Army. My advice based on my very limited experience, go talk to your MSI advisor or your PMS and see what they have to say. I don't know what your reasons for stopping ROTC were but good luck to you and welcome.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

GoardHeart wrote:Don't assume that you can "always" go back and do something. Green to Gold scholarships are very competetive plus your life might not dictate going back to school. There is nothing wrong with enlisting, NCO's are the backbone of the Army. My advice based on my very limited experience, go talk to your MSI advisor or your PMS and see what they have to say. I don't know what your reasons for stopping ROTC were but good luck to you and welcome.
There are a few things that make me nervious:

1. When a 2LT says: "It's been my experience..."
2. When a flying warrant says: "hang on..."
3. When most everyone says: "Well, according to my map..."

Welcome, Chris, you can learn a lot on this site. If nothing else you will have an opportunity to learn humility.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Buckmark it is.

But fuck up and it'll be "Skidmark".

Roger?
RSD 96-99
DixieRat
Ranger

Post by DixieRat »

Jim wrote:
GoardHeart wrote:Don't assume that you can "always" go back and do something. Green to Gold scholarships are very competetive plus your life might not dictate going back to school. There is nothing wrong with enlisting, NCO's are the backbone of the Army. My advice based on my very limited experience, go talk to your MSI advisor or your PMS and see what they have to say. I don't know what your reasons for stopping ROTC were but good luck to you and welcome.
There are a few things that make me nervious:

1. When a 2LT says: "It's been my experience..."
2. When a flying warrant says: "hang on..."
3. When most everyone says: "Well, according to my map..."

Welcome, Chris, you can learn a lot on this site. If nothing else you will have an opportunity to learn humility.
Ain't that the truth!

Good luck Buckmark. Officers may run the Army, but NCO's own it.
B/1/319th PFA, 82nd Abn Div 6/72-2/75
C/2/75 3/75-4/76
1/84th FA, 9th ID 5/76-8/77
TUSLOG Det 67 9/77-10/78

Tabless Bitch
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratualtions on making a very deft recovery. Welcome, make your choices wisely and good luck to you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Buckmark
Embryo

Post by Buckmark »

Vee wrote:Buckmark it is.

But fuck up and it'll be "Skidmark".

Roger?
Ranger Vee, I understand.

I will now shut up and learn.

Return to “Introduction Archive”