Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

DeathBeforeDishonor
Egg

Introduction

Post by DeathBeforeDishonor »

Hello Rangers, Families, and Veterans. The name is Greg, and I'm currently in my first year of college. I was very close to enlisting after high school, but was talked out of it, and convinced that getting a degree first would be the smart thing to do. However, I keep finding myself thinking that college isn't right for me. I HATE where my life is. I don’t hate myself, I am just unhappy with where I am. I don’t like getting up, and hating the day ahead of me, and I despise my asshole professors who give boring lectures about things I already know.

My friends and family tell me that everyone hates their job, their bosses, their professors, but it's WAY more than that. Nothing I do makes me excited or happy.

Yesterday I received a message from a friend overseas. It really has me thinking. He is earning the right to call himself a man, and what am I doing? I've wanted to do this for a long time and whatever the reason, right or wrong, I believe my country can use me, especially now, and I'm seriously contemplating dropping out of college, and actually doing something meaningful with my life. Becoming a Ranger is a dream of mine, and if I make the commitment, I KNOW I will succeed.

I have been reading this forum for a little while now, and there seems to be some great people around here who are willing to help us young guys through decisions such as this. I know many of you Rangers did not have people holding your hand through this process, or preparing you, and telling you what to expect. But some advice is much needed. Thanks in advance, and of course, thank you for your service to our country. You set the example for us young guys to follow, and many of us wouldn't be doing what we are today if it wasn't for what you did yesterday.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Shut the fuck up.

Manic-deppressive asshole.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
JMar
Ranger

Post by JMar »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com, Greg. PM Inbound.

"Praise no the day until evening has come; a woman until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk."
-Viking Proverb

1PLT, A Co., 3/75 "Glory Boys" 2006-2012
RW Aviator 2012-Present
RS Class 06-08
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

:?

I have seen you around before maybe at ArmyOCS.com or AirborneRanger.com. I'll do a little research.

Don't respond Ranger Kilted Heathen has already told you shut your cock holster.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Please explain this:
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Geez, he quit as soon as I posted that ?????
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Don't respond Ranger Kilted Heathen has already told you shut your cock holster.

Shouldn't you be dressing up like an altar-boy for your anniversary?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
DeathBeforeDishonor
Egg

Rangers excuse me for my ignorance, but I don't understand what's going on...
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Kilted Heathen wrote:

Shouldn't you be dressing up like an altar-boy for your anniversary?
No, Ranger it did not. It was not my intent to provoke the young retard.

Had a fun anniversary. Thank you for your concern Ranger Kilted Heathen.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
AnotherDumbKid
Tadpole

Post by AnotherDumbKid »

Welcome. PM in bound.Read and heed.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Ship 20060103
DEP w/ OPT 40

Fuck pussy liberals and the French. The only thing a pussy is good for is fucking and bleeding.

RLTW
Jonathan
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

DeathBeforeDishonor wrote:Rangers excuse me for my ignorance, but I don't understand what's going on...
What is going on? You have the same IP address as two other members, which means you are probably sharing a computer. But with the similarities of your writing style and Ninja's I would say there is a different explanation.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
DeathBeforeDishonor
Egg

Ranger Silverback, the computer I'm using tonight is my roomate's computer. He got it from his dad's computer store and we hooked it up today. He isn't even remotley interested in the military. I don't understand how I could be using the same computer as somebody else who visits this website.
Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Post by Mom in Texas »

Schweizer, PM Inbound.
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell

Return to “Introduction Archive”