Sig-ACP (Adaptive Carbine Platform)

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Sig-ACP (Adaptive Carbine Platform)

Post by cams »

Being active LE does nothing to help with purchasing or owning anything new. If a used weapon was already in state before the AWB it could be purchased by a LEO from a LEO only.

Anything full auto still requires A Class III collector/dealer license (thousands of dollars), and you need to provide evidence of a storefront business or a verifiable collection of antique and/or specific types of collectibles. This also means that at any given time you are subject to and required by ATF to allow entry into your home at any time for regulatory inspections and subject to confiscation if you're not in compliance or you refuse to allow entry into your home.

There's another 'rule' if you will that may allow SBR/shotgun purchase and it requires a Dept Letterhead signed by the Chief of police stating that its a personal purchase to be used for dept purposes. Good luck with that. You'd have a better chance of hitting the numbers.
Last edited by cams on November 19th, 2012, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Cams, is the LE thing just in Mass. or nationwide? I do know some local LEOs have their agency issued M4s with them at all times rather than in an arms room.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RangerX wrote:Cams, is the LE thing just in Mass. or nationwide? I do know some local LEOs have their agency issued M4s with them at all times rather than in an arms room.
I can only speak to Mass laws, and again they are so fucking convoluted you can speak to 10 diff people (LE, Dealers, Civi's) and get 10 diff interpretations of it. Very very frustrating and confusing, on purpose I've come to believe to discourage those companies from doing business here.

We are only allowed to take our duty sidearms home with us. Not mandatory, but allowed by policy and state law.

If one of us got caught with an M-4 or similar special duty weapon (if it was selective fire) we'd be arrested and charged as they saw fit. Big no-go around here unless you have a "take home" dept vehicle with a safe mounted in the trunk.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
mnhunter
US Army Veteran

Post by mnhunter »

One more thing with the adaptive carbine platform is you have to do the tax stamp for SBR with one specific pistol and then you are not supposed to use it with any other pistols. Then if you ever decide to sell that pistol you have more paperwork to do.

Return to “Weapons of War”