what pistol should i buy?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: what pistol should i buy?

Post by cams »

RangerX wrote: ~disclaimer~ Right now I have a wonderful buzz from good beer and better company. Any philosophical gun rambling should be taken with a grin and some common sense. But it still applies. :twisted:
Yep. Was good kickin' back and drinking a few with you Ranger buddy. Next time hopefully we'll have a bonfire and a few others with us, and not have to get up for work at 0darkthirty afterwards. Hope the flight back was alrite bro.

'Jack over.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

cams wrote:
RangerX wrote: ~disclaimer~ Right now I have a wonderful buzz from good beer and better company. Any philosophical gun rambling should be taken with a grin and some common sense. But it still applies. :twisted:
Yep. Was good kickin' back and drinking a few with you Ranger buddy. Next time hopefully we'll have a bonfire and a few others with us, and not have to get up for work at 0darkthirty afterwards. Hope the flight back was alrite bro.

'Jack over.
Flight was uneventful and reasonably on time. Yep, too bad Ford pussed out. Hopefully you've shamed him terribly for it :twisted:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

RangerX wrote:
cams wrote:

'Jack over.
Flight was uneventful and reasonably on time. Yep, too bad Ford pussed out. Hopefully you've shamed him terribly for it :twisted:
I haven't seen him yet since then. Though he has been working his ass off, that I can attest too. :twisted:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

I am considering a Springfield Armory XD .40 cal.

My amateur research indicates a lot of positive reviews. Any contrary opinions? What do the LEOs here think?

Thanks in advance.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Lefty wrote:I am considering a Springfield Armory XD .40 cal.

My amateur research indicates a lot of positive reviews. Any contrary opinions? What do the LEOs here think?

Thanks in advance.
I love Springfield! I hate a 40 cal though. Just my personal preference. I am just not a fan of the snappy recoil. Definitely a 9mm or .45 guy. I don't think you can go wrong with the pistol though if you are looking at 40 cal.

I have a buddy with the compact version and he absolutely loves it!

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

I have never fired an XD, can't help here Lefty.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I shoot some matches with an XDm in 45. I personally ~hate~ the factory trigger, but I am finicky in that department. Outside that, it is a great gun, never had any functional issues with any kind of ammo (ball, hollowpoint, wadcutter).

The warranty is rock solid, and they don't even try to kiss California's ass.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Got a few buddies that love the XD in all it's forms. I see these guys like the Glock crowd "It's a Glock it's awesome."

That being said XD's are a good shooter. I liked it anyway.

My wife has an M&P 9mm it is a good shooter and the adjustable backstrap is a good feature.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

I've been carrying an XDm 9mm as a duty weapon for about 2 years now. I'm a big fan of it. The trigger sucks, but I've gotten used to it. It's more accurate than my Glock 22.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Looking at a Ruger SR40c. Any feedback?

My HK USP 45c is just a bit too big for everyday comfort, especially on the bike. (Awesome piece though)

XDs leave the shelf before they hit. The PX4 40 is interesting, just not a Beretta fan. I'd use a rock before a Glock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Okay. The wife picked up an SR9c today. I really like it so far. Nice size, but not much smaller than my USP.

I found a shop stock full of XDs's, but the hell with retail prices and tax. Guess I will wait till JBLM gets another shipment.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry

Return to “Weapons of War”