Engraved stripped lower

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Engraved stripped lower

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Hey folks! I just finished my first AR build and now have the bug. I became friends with the owner of the gun shop I ordered through and he took really good care of me on this build.

I am now planning a second build and asked if he could do a laser etching into the mag well of the stripped lower I plan on buying. I figured I would post it here and see if you all are interested in ordering as well. Below is the image I plan to have engraved into the mag well. Below that is the build I just completed.

Once I have the lower engraved I will post it up for y'all to check out (assuming some of you are interested). Just let me know and I can post up his contact info for you to place the orders.

Thanks!

Ryan
RLTW!
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331306657.787932.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331306647.767411.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331306635.429506.jpg
(14.4 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Engraved stripped lower

Post by IEDmagnet »

Though I don't rate the DUI and motto, would it piss you off if I borrow the "infidel" idea? That and the flag on the inside of your dust cover struck me as outstanding.

There is also talk of one with Basic Parachutist wings and "nex superne" etched on the mag well, I'm already on that waiting list.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Engraved stripped lower

Post by RMP-RLTW »

IEDmagnet wrote:Though I don't rate the DUI and motto, would it piss you off if I borrow the "infidel" idea? That and the flag on the inside of your dust cover struck me as outstanding.

There is also talk of one with Basic Parachutist wings and "nex superne" etched on the mag well, I'm already on that waiting list.
Go to PSA and look at their dust covers. They have a few to choose from. That particular one is from spikes however it has recently been replaced by the one from PSA.

That build consists of PSA stripped upper and lower. Everything else is from YHM.

thanks,

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Engraved stripped lower

Post by IEDmagnet »

RMP-RLTW wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:Though I don't rate the DUI and motto, would it piss you off if I borrow the "infidel" idea? That and the flag on the inside of your dust cover struck me as outstanding.

Go to PSA and look at their dust covers. They have a few to choose from. That particular one is from spikes however it has recently been replaced by the one from PSA.

That build consists of PSA stripped upper and lower. Everything else is from YHM.

thanks,

Ryan
RLTW!
Appreciate it Brother. Wilco.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Engraved stripped lower

Post by RMP-RLTW »

It has been a while! As promised, here is a pic of the lower. I pick it up tomorrow and will post more pics once I have it in hand. Let me know if interested. Image

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Engraved stripped lower

Post by RMP-RLTW »

Damn! I figured y'all would have been into this lower. Well, here are the pics of it assembled on the upper and LPK installed. Again, if interested drop me a line. The lowers will more than likely be PSA. ImageImageImage

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Re: Engraved stripped lower

Post by GoldCoast »

I am very much into this lower. Unfortunately I have three polymer lowers and no aluminum lowers at the moment. I'm sure it's not effective to laser engrave a polymer lower. I will look up PSA anyway.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Sweet
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Engraved stripped lower

Post by RMP-RLTW »

GoldCoast wrote:I am very much into this lower. Unfortunately I have three polymer lowers and no aluminum lowers at the moment. I'm sure it's not effective to laser engrave a polymer lower. I will look up PSA anyway.
PSA did not do the engraving my buddy at my local gun shop did. What he is offering to do is sell any of us a stripped lower with this engraving on it. This one is a YHM lower but usually he has PSA lowers in stock. He hooked me up on this one and I don't know what he is going to charge for them.

Basically it will work like any other firearm purchase. You pay him and he ships to your local FFL.

If interested, hit me up.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

Looking good..I have one of the original ArmyRanger.com lowers..half ass assembled..still need an upper for it..

whats he asking on these?..the bug as usual..
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Engraved stripped lower

Post by RMP-RLTW »

I am waiting to hear back from him. With the AR rush of election time, he has been swamped. He just sold 30 assembled AR's in a matter of 2 weeks. He just ordered parts for 20 more and has not been able to sit still, I keep reminding him that it is a fantastic problem to have being that his new shop is less than 6 months old! He was working out of a warehouse building AR's for our few local swat teams. He just got word that he is on the short list for supplying for a military contract based on his disabled vet status so I would imagine he is going to get even more busy.

I will post as soon as I have answers. I can't imagine it will be too bad. It's a secret but he has given me either cost pricing or insane discounts based on my service.

I am buying reloading materials so low that my cost of 5.56 ammo is around .17 per round. That is even after buying once fired brass! I would like to talk about all of the money I am saving but I am really just shooting a ton more now. My wife is starting to catch on and has started dropping hints that she is not buying the cost savings anymore on the reloading excuse!

If y'all are interested I will press him more.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Very nice Brother. Wish I had more dough to play with.

On the dust cover, best one I've seen had "Surprise Cockbags!" engraved on the inside.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Just glancing... I swear the title of this was "engraved stripper lowers"

I was wondering if it was an RLD thing
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Engraved stripped lower

Post by RMP-RLTW »

That's funny, I should have thought about the subject a little better!

Looks like it is going to be 135.00 for these lowers.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus

Return to “Weapons of War”