Springer Precision

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
abnhawk
Ranger

Springer Precision

Post by abnhawk »

I've got a SA XDm 9mm that's my daily carry gun for work. Love the pistol, and usually shoot it well. The only gripe I have with it, and it's a small one, is the trigger. Doesn't feel that great to me, and the reset feels longer than ideal. I've been kicking around the idea of having some trigger work done on it.

Over at XD talk, Springer Precision seems like a pretty popular resource. I can probably stomach $150 for the work (price shown on the springer work request form) if it's quality work and results are as advertised.

Anyone used Springer before, or have any other trigger mod recommendations? I'm lucky if I can pick my nose without serious injury, so I'm not about to attempt any kit myself on a gun I carry daily.
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
McD
Ranger

Re: Springer Precision

Post by McD »

Scott did my trigger work on my XD 45. He does excellent work and stands behid his work.
BTY... it made a huge difference on my trigger.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Last edited by Dan B 3/75 on January 17th, 2011, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

I appreciate the replies. I think Scott Springer will be getting some of my Christmas money.

My department policy doesn't seem to address the issue, so I'm going forward. I'm not going for competition weight trigger anyway. I'd just like to lose some of the travel, only take the trigger down to 4-4.5 lbs, and cut the reset down some. As long as Springer's reputation is reflected in what I end up with, I don't see any problems.

Good point about warranty. I read over it real quick, and my take is that if I fuck with the trigger, SA won't cover shit that goes wrong with the trigger. If I fuck with the trigger, and the barrel claymores in my face, will they still hook my blind ass up with a new barrel? Don't know. I'm sure If I fire the weapon and the front sight flys off and kills a nun two towns over, SA will say it's because I had some of the reset taken out of the factory trigger :roll:
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Dan B 3/75 wrote:Check your work policies regarding modified triggers before you action on this so as to avoid any potential future litigation against you.
Absolutely second this. It may be hidden somewhere in the small print of your dept policies, but any dept issued weapon, from my knowledge, may only be worked on by the dept armoror, and that work, if it's any type of modification, must be pre-approved by the armoror and the office of the chief/commissioner, whatever ya'll have.

Keep in mind, that if you should have to use it, on the street, it will immediately be taken from you, and gone over with a fine tooth comb, and any mod's that have been done to it, will be brought into the light. If the guy should live, and sue you, which usually happens, you'll be made out to look like a kook and a gung-ho gunfighter by the defendants attorney. This is not what I think, don't get me wrong, I'm all for it Bro, but the attorney's will use it against you.

Please do double check your policies thoroughly before conducting any modifications to a dept issued weapon.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
abnhawk
Ranger

Post by abnhawk »

I'll recheck policy.

I forgot to mention that this is a department-approved personal weapon. My position allows for non-standard carry options. My agency will oftentimes offer us the option to carry seized firearms for undercover work. I'm assuming that Scott Springer is at least as talented/qualified as the armorer in our town that inpects these weapons and performs department weapon maintanenance. I agree that anyone I shoot (or their family) will bring suit against me. I figure my background has already fucked me for being able to portray myself as a peace loving cop who only wishes to ensure the safety of my community, so a tweeked trigger is the least of my worries :lol:
C 3/75 89 -91
RLTW!
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

abnhawk wrote:I'll recheck policy.

I forgot to mention that this is a department-approved personal weapon. My position allows for non-standard carry options. My agency will oftentimes offer us the option to carry seized firearms for undercover work. I'm assuming that Scott Springer is at least as talented/qualified as the armorer in our town that inpects these weapons and performs department weapon maintanenance. I agree that anyone I shoot (or their family) will bring suit against me. I figure my background has already fucked me for being able to portray myself as a peace loving cop who only wishes to ensure the safety of my community, so a tweeked trigger is the least of my worries :lol:
Yeah, I'd be more worried about tweaked out suspects in your line of work :lol: :lol: :lol:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Roger that. Sounds like it's no problem then. Stay safe bruddaman.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant

Return to “Weapons of War”