CZ 75B

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

CZ 75B

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Anybody own one here? Know anything about them? Any information/opinions are appreciated!
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
42L5V
Ranger

Re: CZ 75B

Post by 42L5V »

L -

I was stationed in the Czech Republic for four years, so I'm pretty familiar with their line of weapons. I own a couple of CZs, but not the 75B. The 75 is designed as the standard issue Czech police/military weapon. I've fired it a couple of times. Very comfortable weapon, good trigger pull, accurate, very few (if any) malfunction problems. I don't have monstrously big hands, so the 75 is real good for my grip. In comparison, I find the Glock 19 or the Sig 228 and 229 to be a good fit as well. If you've fired those, you'll like the CZ.

The only drawback to it (I think) is the manual safety lever. The safety rotates down to place the weapon on fire, instead of up, like on a baretta. So, in a quick shoot or from a draw - it takes a bit to get it on fire. (thumbing the safety off is easier to push than pull - hope that makes sense) The weapon is designed to be carried with the hammer back and on safe, so it's in single action from the go. Of course, it can be carried in double action too.

If you're looking for a cheap, reliable, accurate handgun, it's a good choice.

Hope this helps -
J
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

I do not like CZ I ussually find that their slides are too small for my hands to grip
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
289sotherhalf

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Thank you for your replies. :D
42L5V wrote:L -

I was stationed in the Czech Republic for four years, so I'm pretty familiar with their line of weapons. I own a couple of CZs, but not the 75B. The 75 is designed as the standard issue Czech police/military weapon. I've fired it a couple of times. Very comfortable weapon, good trigger pull, accurate, very few (if any) malfunction problems. I don't have monstrously big hands, so the 75 is real good for my grip. In comparison, I find the Glock 19 or the Sig 228 and 229 to be a good fit as well. If you've fired those, you'll like the CZ.

The only drawback to it (I think) is the manual safety lever. The safety rotates down to place the weapon on fire, instead of up, like on a baretta. So, in a quick shoot or from a draw - it takes a bit to get it on fire. (thumbing the safety off is easier to push than pull - hope that makes sense) The weapon is designed to be carried with the hammer back and on safe, so it's in single action from the go. Of course, it can be carried in double action too.

Hope this helps -
J
That's what I was looking for. I didn't want to spend a wad on something as a beginner. I read quite a few reviews and checked out some sites on the net, trying to find out as much information as I could. Hadn't really come across anything negative about it. Rented some different pistols, tried to find something I liked. 289 used to have a Browning Hi-Power and it looks similar to the 75B. It's very comfortable in my hands and I guess they're fairly big for a chick, :lol: .

We did get one, and took it to the range yesterday. We put a 100 rounds through it, and 289 says it is "pretty damn accurate". I think I'm really going to like it. :D
~Ranger Wife~

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

289sotherhalf wrote:Thank you for your replies. :D

Hope this helps -
J
That's what I was looking for. I didn't want to spend a wad on something as a beginner. I read quite a few reviews and checked out some sites on the net, trying to find out as much information as I could. Hadn't really come across anything negative about it. Rented some different pistols, tried to find something I liked. 289 used to have a Browning Hi-Power and it looks similar to the 75B. It's very comfortable in my hands and I guess they're fairly big for a chick, :lol: .

We did get one, and took it to the range yesterday. We put a 100 rounds through it, and 289 says it is "pretty damn accurate". I think I'm really going to like it. :D
I'll be home in about a month and we usually shoot on Sundays when I'm there. Bring your new gun out and bust some caps with us. You can bring the 289 too I guess. :P
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Hi 289sotherhalf,
I am looking to begin shooting myself, any tricks, tips, firearm suggestions you have please let me know; the community academy I'm in is taking us to an indoor firing range soon for a markmanship class and I know one of my classmates who is a WA State shooting champ has mentioned he'll give me any tips he can since he knows I have a bit of anxiety over learning good habits for shooting with my being left handed and right eye dominant.

I'll share anything I learn. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Jenny -

I'm right handed/left eye dominant. A whole lot of people are "cross-eyed". It's actually very common. Learn to shoot with both eyes open, and bring the gun up to your dominant eye, without tilting your head. Isosoles stance is the best for this - both arms punched out, weight evenly distributed on the feet. It takes a while to learn (500+ rounds to be comfortable), but being cross-eyed is easy to overcome. Focus on the front sight, not on the target. Handguns are meant to be shot at close ranges - if you focus on the front sight, the target will be a bit blurry - but you'll hit it. At your local range, start shooting at about 10 meters - no further. 25 meters and out is for show. 10 meters is for kill.

Drop a PM if you want.
RSClass 10-92
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Sorry Jenny - I misread your post. I thought you were looking for tips, not saying that you'd pass them on. Didn't mean to sound like a pompous ass! :D

42L5V wrote:Jenny -

I'm right handed/left eye dominant. A whole lot of people are "cross-eyed". It's actually very common. Learn to shoot with both eyes open, and bring the gun up to your dominant eye, without tilting your head. Isosoles stance is the best for this - both arms punched out, weight evenly distributed on the feet. It takes a while to learn (500+ rounds to be comfortable), but being cross-eyed is easy to overcome. Focus on the front sight, not on the target. Handguns are meant to be shot at close ranges - if you focus on the front sight, the target will be a bit blurry - but you'll hit it. At your local range, start shooting at about 10 meters - no further. 25 meters and out is for show. 10 meters is for kill.

Drop a PM if you want.
RSClass 10-92
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

42L5V wrote:Sorry Jenny - I misread your post. I thought you were looking for tips, not saying that you'd pass them on. Didn't mean to sound like a pompous ass! :D

42L5V wrote:Jenny -

Drop a PM if you want.
Ranger 42L5V, No worries I appreciate any tips, suggestions and will start with using the front sight. Thanks, Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
289sotherhalf

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Rangerguru wrote:
289sotherhalf wrote:Thank you for your replies. :D

Hope this helps -
J

I'll be home in about a month and we usually shoot on Sundays when I'm there. Bring your new gun out and bust some caps with us. You can bring the 289 too I guess. :P
Sounds like a plan, Ranger Guru, just let us know when and where, :D :wink: !
~Ranger Wife~

McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I haven't had my hands on one but have read some pretty good reviews. It might be in mix for my wifes new toy.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Return to “Weapons of War”