Gun Control

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
EvilCouch
Ranger

Post by EvilCouch »

PocketKings wrote:
Parabellum wrote: There are 1.2 million abortions a year.
Yea, but dude...half of those are from the same chick. I've seen her leave the barracks.
AAAAahahahahahahahahaha!
Clueless Joe(Sand hill): May 98 - May 99
Tabless Bitch (Bco 3/75): May 99 - May 01
REMF (11th Regt): May 01 - Feb 04
Leg Team/Squad leader (HHC 1-503, 2ID, OIF): Feb 04 - Dec 05
World's worst webcomic
wade_the_duck
Tadpole

Post by wade_the_duck »

People have been pretty adept at killing each other long before guns were around, walking through the bad part of ancient Rome was probably as dangerous if not more than wandering through the bad part of LA. Viking raiders managed to slaughter and plunder without guns, Greek Phalanxs conquered most of the ancient western world without them and Japanese warlords killed each other mercilessly with swords, spears and arrows. Anyone who thinks guns are to blame needs to study thier history.

At least that whats my history prof said. I guess it goes to show not all college teachers are out of touch!
wade_the_duck
Tadpole

Post by wade_the_duck »

And I thought gun control was silly http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Parabellum wrote:Roughly 13,000 people are killed each year by guns. This includes accidents (about 1400), suicides and homicides (75% are killed with pistols). There have been only 2 murders with a registered class 3 weapon (machine gun, short barreled rifle, sawed-off shotgun, destructive device, or an AOW) since 1934, one was by a police officer. An assault weapons ban would make total sense. :roll:

400,000 people die each year from smoking related illnesses and 38,000 die from drug and alcohol abuse.

43,000 people are killed in traffic accidents yearly. 17,200 are DUI related.

Last year over 3,400 people drowned, 19% of them where at a public pool with life guards. You have a better chance of drowning than getting killed accidently by a firearm.

There are 1.2 million abortions a year.
Unforunately, nobody can look at these kind of numbers and seperate the data from the emotion. Why???

Because they are STUPID!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Parabellum wrote:
Ranger Luna wrote:Im not holding my breath, one way or the other..

If that fucked up court can create the 'right for women to abort' out of thin fucking air, they are capable of anything. :shock:

Im keeping my guns no matter what. Ive been to jail before.
So your NOT afraid to fuck a man in the ass just to prove a point? :lol:
Believe 3rd batt catches....... :twisted:
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

BadMuther wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

If that fucked up court can create the 'right for women to abort' out of thin fucking air, they are capable of anything. :shock:

Fuck the both of ya!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

BadMuther wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: GOOD ONE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

wade_the_duck wrote:And I thought gun control was silly http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm
Take away guns, people will kill each other with knives. Take away knives, people will kill each other with blunt objects, pointy sticks, slung stones, garrote wires, etc. In my view, the only thing taking away guns accomplishes is technological regression.
deathtaco
Tadpole

Post by deathtaco »

GSXRanger wrote:Gun Control

Should be mandatory viewing by any anti-gunnie out there.
Excellent Video Ranger GSXRanger.

As far as my opinion on gun control, there is not enough space for me to fully express my views :D

Nut Shell: Gun control hurts law abiding citizens, not criminals.
"To lead, you must first learn to follow."
Grifter
Ranger

Post by Grifter »

As to the topic..My Sob story I like my weapons (although I only have two/ 12gauge and 45., dreaming of adding a AR15 and a kimber before the next election) when i feel its necessary (which aint often) I carry my Sig Sauer 220 illegally. I own and possess a Georgia CCW (expires June of 08) , which I applied for while I was in Battalion. Shortly after ETS superbowl sunday 04, I made a mistake and had a really quik beer after helping a buddy get out of a tight spot downtown. On the way home I got pulled for speeding. Cop asked if I had had a drink. I answered truthfully. And even though I blew under the legal limit I went to jail. Spent the night. Fought it in court for two years and ended up with a very expensive reckless driving ticket.

We moved to MI august of 04 and I have not been able to apply for my CCW here because of that ticket. MI CCW Application laws state that the applicant cant have a CCW if he/she possess' a reckless driving conviction within the last 8 years. So depending on when they started counting (time of arrest or time of conviction) I cant carry legally as a civilian for another 4-6 years. Sucks to be me..just doing my time and staying away from detroit at all costs.

I may be biased, but gun control is a crock. the only people it keeps from attaining firearms is those of us who choose to abide by Gov regs. i dont think your average criminal is going to go apply for a CCW and register his stolen firearm prior to using it in a felony process. the only thing this law is doing is keeping a trained, knowledgeable, person from legally carrying a weapon to protect himself and others. which just sucks ass.

not that I feel I need it or anything. but it sure would be nice to have sometimes.

RLTW,
Grifter
Jan 00-Dec 03
1/75th C-2 / HHC SNOT.
OEF/OIF
RS Class 06-01
Black to Tan Change-over Ranger
MI Glenn English Base of USARA
wade_the_duck
Tadpole

Post by wade_the_duck »

I always wondered why "guns are bad" arguments always involve hypothetical situations, like "the gun owner mistakens the shopkeeper for a terrorist, and shoots him, then the real terrorist shows up and shoots the gun owner, and then steals his gun and shoots more people with both the guns" while "guns are good" arguments always involve real events where armed citizens actually saved the lives of themselves and others?

Maybe its a sign that we ought to keep gun control hypothetical and gun ownership real?
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Truth:
Ted Kennedy & his car have killed 100% more human beings than all of the guns I've owned put together.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

I take a proactive attitude towards gun control - I'll teach anyone who will listen about my guns and how to shoot them. Education is key to building consensus and I do my part as often as I can. That's the best way I can think of to prevent over-zealous and ignorant people from trying to outlaw my firearms.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...

Return to “Weapons of War”