Gun Control

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I worries me that the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect my right to have and or manufacture ammunition, so they may just outlaw ammunition and let us keep our guns.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Flesh Thorn wrote:I worries me that the 2nd Amendment doesn't protect my right to have and or manufacture ammunition, so they may just outlaw ammunition and let us keep our guns.
That, my friend... is another point I was gonna make. Scary thought... scary thought.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Roughly 13,000 people are killed each year by guns. This includes accidents (about 1400), suicides and homicides (75% are killed with pistols). There have been only 2 murders with a registered class 3 weapon (machine gun, short barreled rifle, sawed-off shotgun, destructive device, or an AOW) since 1934, one was by a police officer. An assault weapons ban would make total sense. :roll:

400,000 people die each year from smoking related illnesses and 38,000 die from drug and alcohol abuse.

43,000 people are killed in traffic accidents yearly. 17,200 are DUI related.

Last year over 3,400 people drowned, 19% of them where at a public pool with life guards. You have a better chance of drowning than getting killed accidently by a firearm.

There are 1.2 million abortions a year.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Parabellum wrote: There have been only 2 murders with a registered class 3 weapon (machine gun, short barreled rifle, sawed-off shotgun, destructive device, or an AOW) since 1934, one was by a police officer.
See there, the Class III registration and tax stamp works. :wink: :D
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Hey, guess what?.. People waiting behind the "crack head mother" for health care happens every fucking day in this country. A persons social status has no standing in how they are triaged in a hospital. If that "crack head" had access to affordable regular health care, she wouldn't have to an ambulance to take her to the ER for sniffles and tie up an ER bed for 6 hours..

Socialized Healthcare? We already have it here.. it's called the VA and Medicare!.. You don't wanna get the new intern cutting on you? Who gives a fuck if you pay a little more.. Better yet, have your elective surgery done in India or Thailand. The royal (and I do mean "Royal") treatment at a 5 star hospital there will cost you a third of what it does here. Chances are your surgeon is licensed in the US and did his residence here anyway..

It's also good for business too.. If businesses didn't have to carry any health insurance costs it would be a huge burden off of them and they could be that much more competitive.

Weeping Jesus on the fucking cross!... I wish people would get over this idea that Universal healthcare is the spawn of the devil.. Fucking hell!..It dosen't have to be Hillary's plan, but gawdamn.. Lets get something going...

Hijack over

Oh yeah, gun control is bullshit too..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Actually, On the topic at hand.. WTF was up with the LEO's trying to collect all firearms from registered owners in NOLA right after Katrina?..

I mean if they tried that shit around here, I would have to say something like.. "Well, tell me where you guys are gonna be, because I'm going there. You just took away my ability to defend myself, so I clearly have to have you guys do it for me.."

If there were dudes shooting and looting, do they really think it was the guy who legally purchased and licensed his weapon? I thought they were a little more gun-friendly in Louisiana?..

Hows about not locking up for 40 years the guy who had a dime-bag of reefer and instead enforcing existing firearms laws..

Obviously, the dude selling reefer is more of a danger than the kid holding up the liquor store with a stolen gun..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Whoa Doc,

My comments about the Universal Healthcare were vague, and used to illustrate the point that they were talking about in the No Spin Zone.

I was not trying to bring Health Care into the argument... not at all. We all know how explosive THAT topic is.

They were just making a point about how it could be used as leverage to institute some tougher gun control laws. I used the annalogy of the crack head mother, because that is exactly how they used it.

The post, does not reflect the sentiments of the poster. Just bringing conversation to the table... sorry about pissing in your cornflakes. :wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Sorry, I have to deal with crack heads and drunks on a regular basis.... :roll:

But for real, what justification did the authorities use for collecting the private weapons post-Katrina?.. I can't remember..

I don't know if they did, but they sure talked about crushing nutz on those who didn't comply..
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:Sorry, I have to deal with crack heads and drunks on a regular basis.... :roll:

But for real, what justification did the authorities use for collecting the private weapons post-Katrina?.. I can't remember..

I don't know if they did, but they sure talked about crushing nutz on those who didn't comply..
I hear ya on the Crack Heads and Drunks... so, you must have the same disdain that I have for them. 8)

As for the Katrina incident, I don't have a clue. I was sitting my happy ass out at DLI during that time. I had just gotten out there when Katrina hit, so all I did was hear about it on the news. I was so busy with Arabic, that I paid no attention to it.

I don't think they ever started collecting weapons... but, just them talking about it is fucked up.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

The sad fact is, if guns were banned a large number of sheep would turn theirs in. Some would keep theirs, and others would use theirs.

Even if only 10% of gun owners kept and planned on using their guns when the gun squads came, the sheer numbers of this alone would prevent total confiscation. How many cops would still be willing to continue to go door to door to confiscate guns (that were legal the previous month) after the first 10 of their buddies were killed?

I'm not advocating anything, merely bringing this up for philosophical debate.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Parabellum wrote: There are 1.2 million abortions a year.
Yea, but dude...half of those are from the same chick. I've seen her leave the barracks.

I'm curious as to the outcome of the Supreme Court DC ruling. That will set the tone of 'gun control' for the next several decades. Hopefully my life membership to the NRA will grease the right palms.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Im not holding my breath, one way or the other..

If that fucked up court can create the 'right for women to abort' out of thin fucking air, they are capable of anything. :shock:

Im keeping my guns no matter what. Ive been to jail before.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Ranger Luna wrote:Im not holding my breath, one way or the other..

If that fucked up court can create the 'right for women to abort' out of thin fucking air, they are capable of anything. :shock:

Im keeping my guns no matter what. Ive been to jail before.
So your NOT afraid to fuck a man in the ass just to prove a point? :lol:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Desert Sloth wrote:
Parabellum wrote:43,000 people are killed in traffic accidents yearly. 17,200 are DUI related.
I vote to outlaw cars.
Eliminate DUI/DWI, dependence on foreign petroleum, over crowding of roads and obesity all with one piece of legislation............WOW! I second!
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Return to “Weapons of War”