Land Warrior System

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Deadmeat

Post by Deadmeat »

I agree with the others, if they say to do something either do it or don't comment on it. I mean yah might be a Ranger but that doesn't mean they have any idea what or where to go on the net. So if thats the case just bite your tongue and smile :D
Castro
Embryo

Post by Castro »

The Army won't get them because they were made and intended for Marines. If you look closely they have the Marine Corp Emblem on the uniforms and they have digital pixes (little boxes). :evil:
BigMike1883

Post by BigMike1883 »

Not like it matters but I agree with Sal. Personally, I don't give two shits if you guys think I could make it or not. Because your opinion doesn't really matter to me. No offense.
BigMike1883

Post by BigMike1883 »

I came off sort of rude, that wasn't intended. What I meant to say was since you guys don't know us who are you to judge? Generally people act different on the internet then they do in person, so they might not be the right type to make it as a Ranger on the internet, but that doesn't mean that they can't do it in actual life. Also, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone here but I just couldn't let that go by. Anyway, thanks for letting me post on this message board and I appreciate the help that you guys have given me in the past. Take care.

Mike
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

My general feeling is that if you don't exude the sort of self-confidence required to acheive success in your communications with others here, where you have ample opportunity to modify what you post several times before you hit 'submit', that you would do even worse in the spontaneous environment of being face to face.

So, if you can't communicate that you expect to meet with success here, you'll do even worse in person. If there is nothing the RIP instructors hate more (add Drill Sergeants & Black hats to the list) is the way students arrive, all fearful and shit, and quit right away because they can't think enough to get a straight answer out or figure out what they should do next. So, in essence, this environment is far safer and if you have problems communicating here - well, you get the idea.
BigMike1883

Post by BigMike1883 »

Alright, thanks for telling me that. And as I said before, I meant no disrespect with what I posted, just thought I should say it.
Barren
Egg

Post by Barren »

Doc,

I think what your refering to is the "LAN warrior system" not the "Land warrior system". Reason I think its LAN is because LAN stands for "Local Area Network" when your talking to computer nerds. I saw something on the History Channel about future gear for the Army and they showed a setup where everyone was connected thru a LAN. They can all see where each other are, see each others movements on a mini computer monitor behind the lens of their sun glasses, ect.

[edit] NM I was wrong. It is called a Land Warrior. Found a cool link about it here if ya want.
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land ... arrior.htm
steelsixzero
Ranger

Post by steelsixzero »

Goddamn....i was standing at Parade Rest while reading the Moderators "internet smoking" of Sal. When I first arrived at the Battalion they had just returned from Haiti (with out a combat scroll) and they were pissed. i am a pretty funny guy, some call me a smartass. Well the boys were frusterated cuz they didn't get to play in Haiti, so they took it out on the new smartass. "There are smart rangers and there are strong rangers!" I was a very strong ranger but I learned very quick to say that I fucked up and that it wouldn't happen again. When I first got to Battalion I was in the front lean and rest about 70% of the time. For instance, I left my M4 selector switch on burst. Needless to say my squad leader was not happy so everytime I heard the word burst I had to elevate my feet. I never realized how often you could use the word burst in a sentence :shock: My weapon was NEVER off safe again (unless I was destroying something :P) Everytime I touched my weapon I would run my thumb across the switch to verify that it was on safe.

When this happened, I could have tried to find an excuse for why my weapon was not safe, but instead, I took the punishment learned from my mistake and drove on. Now as a law enforcement officer I still think of that day everytime I touch a weapon......Thanks SGT Urich, you taught me well :D

Hey Ranger....what's that maximum effective of an excuse? "Zero meters Sarnt!" That's right.........keep pushin!!!!!
2/75 C Co. Wpns Plt 94-98
RGR Class 11-96

Return to “Weapons of War”